vanderson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Create Driver Store Failure

I am running NetWare 6.5. I updated to SP8 yesterday because I was having a problem with iPrint. SP8 did not fix the problem. I decided to remove all of my iPrint objects (broker and print manager) and start from scratch.

I successfully created a new broker. When I try to create the new print manager, I am to enter the location of the driver store, which never existed before (so I thought it was something new). When I try to create a driver store, I get the error:

Error: Create Driver Store Failure
An OES Linux Server server must be selected

This is not install on Linux. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I hope someone can help!!

Thank you,
Vinnie
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Create Driver Store Failure

vanderson;1913388 wrote:
I am running NetWare 6.5. I updated to SP8 yesterday because I was having a problem with iPrint. SP8 did not fix the problem. I decided to remove all of my iPrint objects (broker and print manager) and start from scratch.

I successfully created a new broker. When I try to create the new print manager, I am to enter the location of the driver store, which never existed before (so I thought it was something new). When I try to create a driver store, I get the error:

Error: Create Driver Store Failure
An OES Linux Server server must be selected

This is not install on Linux. I've tried everything I can think of to fix this. I hope someone can help!!

Thank you,
Vinnie

Are you using OES Linux iManager to create the driver store? You should use the iManager on Netware if you are trying to create a driverstore on a netware box.

Thomas
0 Likes
vanderson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I was using iManager on NetWare to configure the Broker and Print Manager. Once I put my glasses on, I figured out there were two entries for "Create Print Manager" in iManager. Once I clicked on the correct link, I was no longer prompted for the Driver Store location. Problem resolved.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

* vanderson (Fri, 08 Jan 2010 16:16:02 GMT)
> I was using iManager on NetWare to configure the Broker and Print
> Manager. Once I put my glasses on, I figured out there were two entries
> for "Create Print Manager" in iManager. Once I clicked on the correct
> link, I was no longer prompted for the Driver Store location. Problem
> resolved.

Uninstall the plugin for Linux. This is a bug recently introduced.

Thorsten
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.