lehmanp00 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DNS change causing problems

We just moved DNS from BIND to 2008 R2 Server.

What we are seeing is that the printer agents say they are unable to ping the printers, but the clients can still print.

Initially, we were unable to print. We had put CNAME records in DNS for our ipp servers. But those did not seem to work. What we had to do was put A records (host) for each name that our Ipp servers use.

are both 'A' records. Using a CNAME for one did not work.

Any ideas? Help??

1 Reply
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: DNS change causing problems


It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://support.novell.com and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Product Support Forums Team

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.