Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
859 views

Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer from PsmStatus

iPrint Appliance 1.1. To remove obsolete printers, I deleted the Print
Objects in iManager. However the users still see the deleted printers on
the Novell iPrint Installation page. Additionally the deleted printers
still show up when looking at the PsmStatus page. Any ideas on how
complete the removal?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer from PsmStatus

stever,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

These forums are peer-to-peer, best effort, volunteer run and that if your issue
is urgent or not getting a response, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check
all the other self support options and support programs available.
- Open a service request: https://www.novell.com/support
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

Sometimes this automatic posting will alert someone that can respond.

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting or otherwise posted in error, please
ignore and accept our apologies and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand
to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer from PsmStatus

On 12/30/2015 07:40 PM, stever wrote:
> iPrint Appliance 1.1. To remove obsolete printers, I deleted the Print
> Objects in iManager. However the users still see the deleted printers on
> the Novell iPrint Installation page. Additionally the deleted printers
> still show up when looking at the PsmStatus page. Any ideas on how
> complete the removal?
>


How did yo exactly delete the printer object?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer fromPsmStatus

I deleted the printer from Novell iManager by clicking on the Delete
Print Object under the iPrint menu.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer from PsmStatus

On 01/04/2016 04:55 PM, stever wrote:
> I deleted the printer from Novell iManager by clicking on the Delete
> Print Object under the iPrint menu.
>


Check in imanager, iprint, manage iprint manager, printer agent
redirection, deleted printer agent redirection if printer is still
there. If it is , delete it from there and see if it is gone from /ipp
and /psmstatus page. If not, you may have corruption on the database and
you may need to rebuild it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer fromPsmStatus

I deleted the printers from agent redirection - no affect. I then
rebuilt the database using TID 3006957 - Option 2. The deleted printers
still show up. At this point I guess I could manually edit the padtxt.xml
file and remove the deleted printers and rebuild the database with the
manually edited xml.


0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deleting Print Object does not remove the printer from PsmStatus

On 01/05/2016 03:02 PM, stever wrote:
> I deleted the printers from agent redirection - no affect. I then
> rebuilt the database using TID 3006957 - Option 2. The deleted printers
> still show up. At this point I guess I could manually edit the padtxt.xml
> file and remove the deleted printers and rebuild the database with the
> manually edited xml.
>
>


correct
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.