knutberg Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deploying iPrint printers using Zenworks policies (maybe)

I want to push iPrint printers to users using Zenworks policies. I want to be able to control what printers are pushed to each individual user, using groups. In other words: If UserA is a member of the groups Printer1, Printer2 and Printer5, then Printer 1, 2 and 5 are pushed to UserA.

My plan was to create an iPrint install policy for each printer, associate that policy with a group, and push printers to users by making them member of the appropriate groups.

This works fine if the user is a member of only one "printer group". But if a user is a member of more than one printer group (which almost all users will be), only one printer is pushed to the user, and the rest of the policies are ignored. Probably because each user can only have one effective iPrint policy (?) So maybe Zenworks policies are not the way to go after all.

Any suggestions as to how to achieve this in a smarter way (i.e. a way that works)?
0 Likes
1 Reply
ryamry Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Deploying iPrint printers using Zenworks policies (maybe

You could create bundles that run the iprntcmd exe to install the printer - ie. iprntcmd -a nogui ipp://server/ipp/printer. Create one bundle per printer. Assign those to bundle groups and the bundle groups to your user groups.

Itll probably work a ton better than ZEN Printer policies (which dont really seem to work well).
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.