Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Driver Store issue when copying a driver across

Hi All,

When copying a Win 7 64-bit driver from one OES2 server to another, I noticed the size of var more than double. It shot up from 38% to 100% where var is 13GB. The folders affected appear to be Win XP and Win 7. After a few minutes the percentage drops back to 38%. On closer inspection, it appears that every driver folder within those folders more than doubles in size.

I have tried deleting the deferred_compressions.txt as per one one forum suggestion but the issue remains.

Hope someone has an idea. The only other solution is to copy the entire Win 7 driver set across during a maintenance slot as I need to copy several drivers.

Cheers
Karen
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem solved. The issue was due to me deleting all the ids_toc.ini files and rebuilding them. Deleting the ids_toc.ini in the actual driver set did not push the size up. However, there are a few drivers that are not reflecting in iManager which means I'll need to delete all the ids_toc.ini files at some stage unless I want to go into each folder-NOT. Will focus only on the particular folder and hope it doesn't push the % usage up too high.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.