Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
3372 views

Driver Store problem

This morning we had some problems uploading Windows 7 drivers to the driver store. After doing some investigation, the following error messages were showing up in the idsd.log file:

May 31 12:12:25 bismuth idsd[27515]: directoryLogin(): Unable to bind to directory server bismuth.uww.edu as object CN=uww-driver-store,OU=PRINTING,O=UWW (Error=FFFFFD8E)
May 31 12:12:38 bismuth idsd[27515]: directoryLogin(): Unable to bind to directory server 127.0.0.1 as object CN=uww-driver-store,OU=PRINTING,O=UWW (Error=FFFFFD8E)
May 31 12:12:38 bismuth idsd[27515]: Failed to set idsd configuration information in directory object(s) specified in configuration file (Error=2). Retry in 5 seconds...
May 31 12:12:43 bismuth idsd[27515]: idsd configuration information was not set in any of the directory objects specified in the configuration file

I have tried to unload and reload a few times, with the same messages showing up. I ran an ndsrepair -U with no luck. This is a production system, so I am not able to reboot it right now. The print manager is running with no problems at this time and printing on this server is functioning just fine. Any ideas?

melissa
Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

helgeson;2110591 wrote:
This morning we had some problems uploading Windows 7 drivers to the driver store. After doing some investigation, the following error messages were showing up in the idsd.log file:

May 31 12:12:25 bismuth idsd[27515]: directoryLogin(): Unable to bind to directory server bismuth.uww.edu as object CN=uww-driver-store,OU=PRINTING,O=UWW (Error=FFFFFD8E)
May 31 12:12:38 bismuth idsd[27515]: directoryLogin(): Unable to bind to directory server 127.0.0.1 as object CN=uww-driver-store,OU=PRINTING,O=UWW (Error=FFFFFD8E)
May 31 12:12:38 bismuth idsd[27515]: Failed to set idsd configuration information in directory object(s) specified in configuration file (Error=2). Retry in 5 seconds...
May 31 12:12:43 bismuth idsd[27515]: idsd configuration information was not set in any of the directory objects specified in the configuration file

I have tried to unload and reload a few times, with the same messages showing up. I ran an ndsrepair -U with no luck. This is a production system, so I am not able to reboot it right now. The print manager is running with no problems at this time and printing on this server is functioning just fine. Any ideas?

melissa


Take a look at this: New iPrint driver store and manager will not load.

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I did see that TID. I do have the correct server in the idsd.conf file. I'm thinking maybe a problem with eDirectory? Also, this server has been up and running for a few years and no problems until today.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

helgeson;2110607 wrote:
I did see that TID. I do have the correct server in the idsd.conf file. I'm thinking maybe a problem with eDirectory? Also, this server has been up and running for a few years and no problems until today.


Than it looks like a eDir issue...

Do ndsstat -r on the server, what output does it give?

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ndsstat -r:

[1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: bismuth.OU=SERVERS.O=UWW.WHITEWATER
No replica found on this server, err: 0

We don't have any replicas on any of our 3 iprint servers.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

helgeson;2110615 wrote:
ndsstat -r:

[1] Instance at /etc/opt/novell/eDirectory/conf/nds.conf: bismuth.OU=SERVERS.O=UWW.WHITEWATER
No replica found on this server, err: 0

We don't have any replicas on any of our 3 iprint servers.


Okay...

Than it might be a SLP issue.. Take a look here: http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/iprint_lx/data/bgxr7xd.html

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I checked the firewall setting on both servers, they are both off. I ran the slptool findsrvs service:directory-agent and it shows up with the correct Ip addresses and also checked the scope. Is there a way to verify that it is communicating properly or would the slptool info be sufficient to verify? I did check the slp.conf file and the correct IP info is in there.

slptool findsrvs service:directory-agent
service:directory-agent://140.146.21.66,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.21.67,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.20.15,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.90.52,65535

slptool findscopes
CampusScope,ORL,Berbee Applications,ACN-DEFAULT,DEFAULT

As far as I can tell the SLP DA is up and running since we are not having any problems elsewhere (at least that I've been notified of).

Melissa
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

helgeson;2110622 wrote:
I checked the firewall setting on both servers, they are both off. I ran the slptool findsrvs service:directory-agent and it shows up with the correct Ip addresses and also checked the scope. Is there a way to verify that it is communicating properly or would the slptool info be sufficient to verify? I did check the slp.conf file and the correct IP info is in there.

slptool findsrvs service:directory-agent
service:directory-agent://140.146.21.66,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.21.67,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.20.15,65535
service:directory-agent://140.146.90.52,65535

slptool findscopes
CampusScope,ORL,Berbee Applications,ACN-DEFAULT,DEFAULT

As far as I can tell the SLP DA is up and running since we are not having any problems elsewhere (at least that I've been notified of).

Melissa


What about your LDAP certificates, are they valid for your servers or have they expired?

What version and patch level are your OES running?

Thomas
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I had already checked all the certificates and they are good until 9-2-11. We are running SLES 10.3 OES2 SP2. There are some patches in the channel that I have not applied. I'm afraid that if I patch and reboot and something else is going on, the ipsmd service will also fail and then printing would be down for 1/3 of campus.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

An update - using the TID you recommended, we changed the name to one of our other eDir servers that have replicas of the whole tree. This allowed the idsd process to start, but still have the same authentication errors after pointing to an alternate server. I am not sure if I need to worry about those error messages or not.

Melissa
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.