Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

EasyPrint RDP Windows2008server

Hello,

We are connecting by RDP to a Windows2008Server and try to print to an iPrint printer on the workstation. Printing to a local connected printer or a tcp-ip printer works. But printing to a iPrint printer doesn't work! Someone told me Novell iPrint doesn't support easyprint? Is that so?

Anyone a solution?
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

nekkers wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are connecting by RDP to a Windows2008Server and try to print to an
> iPrint printer on the workstation. Printing to a local connected printer
> or a tcp-ip printer works. But printing to a iPrint printer doesn't
> work! Someone told me Novell iPrint doesn't support easyprint? Is that
> so?
>
> Anyone a solution?
>
>

We are not really familiar with EasyPrint. Can you outline how and why
you are using it, and how you expect iPrint to be integrated there ?
We'd like to understand.

Thanks,
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I try to explain what is happening. We are using a schooladministrationprogram that’s hosted elsewhere. We connect by RDP to a W2003 server. Our network is Novell and we use iPrint for printers on the workstations. With RDP to W2003 it is necessary that printerdrivers are also installed on the W2003 server, then printing to iPrint is functioning. The hosting firm is switching to W2008 server in a cluster and from now on the are using EasyPrint in W2008 server. This is a different way of sending a printjob to the workstation and drivers are not needed at the server anymore. It works with local connected printers and Windows (tcp-ip)network printers on the workstation. It doesn’t work when I print to a iPrint printer. The problem is the way iPrint is handeling this jobs; not handeling these jobs even with iPrint Direct switched on.

I hope you understand now or even better have some tips to solve this problem!

I will be out of office until 5 may so I wont be able to answer any question until then.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.