UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2237 views

Error (1) occurred while writing data to a document file

Got this error today, although there is more than 2 gig available.

Netware 6.5, sp 7.


12-28-2007 9:26:38 am: COMN-3.26-36
Severity = 5 Locus = 2 Class = 6
NSS-2.70-5001: NSS Volume MARKET/SYS out of disk space.
There are no deleted files using disk space.
You may be low on disk space. Either add more disks, or delete some
files
12-28-2007 9:26:38 am: NDPSM-3.2-298
Severity = 6 Locus = 17 Class = 19
Error (1) occurred while writing data to a document file.
12-28-2007 9:26:38 am: NDPSM-3.2-298
Severity = 6 Locus = 17 Class = 19
Error (1) occurred while writing data to a document file.


0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Craig,
> Got this error today, although there is more than 2 gig available.
>
> Netware 6.5, sp 7.
>

What about files to be purged?

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It shows none right now....did it maybe purge it during this event?

Thanks
"Anders Gustafsson" <AndersG@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00002f34.24cfdcba@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Craig,
>> Got this error today, although there is more than 2 gig available.
>>
>> Netware 6.5, sp 7.
>>

> What about files to be purged?
>
> - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>



0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Craig,
> It shows none right now....did it maybe purge it during this event?
>

It depends. When files are deleted, they are put in the purgatory and
will remain there until the maximum delete wait time has elapsed. Thus
assuming that you have the disk full and delete 2Gb, you will have 2Gb
"free" but none can be used until you either purge manually or after
the delete wait time has elapsed and the server can purge by itself.

- Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)

Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com

Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
http://support.novell.com/enhancement

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the info
"Anders Gustafsson" <AndersG@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote in message
news:VA.00002f36.27a058e1@no-mx.forums.novell.com...
> Craig,
>> It shows none right now....did it maybe purge it during this event?
>>

> It depends. When files are deleted, they are put in the purgatory and
> will remain there until the maximum delete wait time has elapsed. Thus
> assuming that you have the disk full and delete 2Gb, you will have 2Gb
> "free" but none can be used until you either purge manually or after
> the delete wait time has elapsed and the server can purge by itself.
>
> - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop)
> The Aaland Islands (N60 E20)
>
> Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com
>
> Novell does not monitor these forums officially.
> Enhancement requests for all Novell products may be made at
> http://support.novell.com/enhancement
>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.