Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error: Could not connect printer to port

Hi-
I recently created a printer and everything seems fine. It installs fine and appears to be printing fine, but anyone who prints to that printer gets an error msg that says "Cound not connect printer to port." Has anybody seen this or know how to stop the msg from appearing?

NW 6.5 SP7

Thanks!
-Rob
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ryamry,

>
> Hi-
> I recently created a printer and everything seems fine. It installs
> fine and appears to be printing fine, but anyone who prints to that
> printer gets an error msg that says "Cound not connect printer to port."
> Has anybody seen this or know how to stop the msg from appearing?

So they can print fine and without problems, but every time they get this
annoying error message?
What model of printer and how is it connected, I suppose through LPR?
Any errors in the iPrint Manager?

> NW 6.5 SP7

Do you have the post SP7 iPrint patch installed?

--

Niclas Ekstedt Sr Consultant Atea Sverige AB
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yup, thats right. Printing is fine, error msg seems cosmetic. The printer is an Oki C5650. We have two of them at that building and they are both showing the same error msg. All other printers are fine. I have updated iPrint w/ the post SP7 (b) patch and nothing changed.

It is printing through LPR. I have tried RAW also with no luck. Though, even if I enable iPrint Direct the error still shows. If we install the printer as a windows network printer the error msg does not show. So, it seems to be something w/ iprint that is causing the msg.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Bump. Any ideas anyone?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.