jdrawert Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Grant rights to delete iprint jobs

I need to give a couple of other staff members rights to delete iprint jobs directly from the windows printers for jobs that others have submitted. I know they can do it via imanager but they want to be able to do it from a Windows installed printer as well.

Thank you.
0 Likes
7 Replies
gaclarks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Grant rights to delete iprint jobs

What do you mean by "a Windows installed printer"? A printer installed through Active Directory, one set up locally on the workstation and then shared to other systems via Windows print sharing, or one installed on several workstations though a local ip port?

In any event the easiest way to delete a print job is to cancel it through the "cancel print job" at the printer control panel. That way it does not matter how the print job got to the printer.
0 Likes
jdrawert Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I mean if I installed an iprint printer to my pc and others in my department have it installed as well. I want to be able to go to printers under control panel, open up the printer and see the jobs in the list submitted by myself and the others in the office. Then have the ability to delete a job there (cancel a job) that someone else submitted.
0 Likes
gaclarks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oh, well from iManager, make those users managers for the printer in question. FYI this does not make it so that you can delete all print jobs. If the print job has left the workstation, processed through the print server and is at the printer, in the printer's memory, the only way to clear that is at the printer. Most network laser printers have an http interface that will allow you cancel print jobs just like you were at the console.
0 Likes
spgsitsupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Operator of the printer should be enough to deal with jobs (pause/cancel)

Sadly in my case Win XP SP3 & iPrint 4.83 that does NOT work.
That could be due to the fact that the user that is operator of the printer is only Power User on local workstation.

When the user is admin then it works fine

Seb
0 Likes
MarkHofland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Strange story overhere. We have a user who was able for months to delete print jobs from others for different printers, not in iManager, but just under the "Installed printers" in Windows XP. He has Operator rights to all those printers, and he is just a normal user, no admin, on the local workstation. But suddenly he can't delete print jobs anymore. We basolutely don't know what happened. We didn't change anything on a printer, manager or broker level. It just won't work anymore and we still can't find it.

regards,

Mark Hofland
0 Likes
Highlighted
spgsitsupport Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have a feeling that it might be XP SP3/iPrint Client 4.83 issue
0 Likes
MarkHofland Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using XP SP2. We still can't find out why NOBODY with OPERATOR rights can't delete print jobs anymore from other users. It's not just one Operator, no, all operators. We checked the iPrint.ini for the AllowUserPrinters = 2 parameter. This ini file isn't changed since a year.

Regards,

Mark
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.