Highlighted
tcitjh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How do I add Windows 8 printer drivers to Netware 6.5?

iManger does not seem to work on IE10 and the drivers must be added from a Windows 8 system.

Any suggestions on how to solve the issue?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How do I add Windows 8 printer drivers to Netware 6.5?

tcitjh;2244848 wrote:
iManger does not seem to work on IE10 and the drivers must be added from a Windows 8 system.

Any suggestions on how to solve the issue?

I'm not sure if this will be supported on NetWare. Looking at the patches for the server bit, Mac 10.8 support was added last in august 2012.

Are you running the latest iPrint client (5.78 at time of writing) on the Windows 8 system?
Also, are you running Windows in desktop mode with the Oracle Java installed and the iManager url added to the trusted sites of IE?

If iPrint on Windows 8 pushes Windows 7 printer drivers to the desktop... it might work. Haven't tested it though.

Cheers,
Willem
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

magic31;2244860 wrote:
I'm not sure if this will be supported on NetWare. Looking at the patches for the server bit, Mac 10.8 support was added last in august 2012.

Found it on the latest iPrint client download page:

Requirements unique to Windows 8:
The iPrint Client installed to Windows 8 will print to Print Managers hosted on OES2 SP3, OES11, and OES11 SP1 if the required software is installed. See TID 7011315 to learn how to obtain the required software. There are no plans to provide needed server side software to cause iPrint on Windows 8 to work with NetWare servers.
0 Likes
tcitjh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are running the latest iprint client (5.86).

The client will not install on the Windows 8 System.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

tcitjh;2244878 wrote:
We are running the latest iprint client (5.86).

The client will not install on the Windows 8 System.

It's 5.86 indeed.

I just tested the Windows 8 iPrint client install (64bit) and have no issues there. What error are you getting?

-Willem
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.