Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to audit ip addresses of iPrint printers?

We need to audit the ip addresses of all our iPrint printers. I though that this would be straight forward using dsreport; but not so. The ip address shows up in iManager but there seems to be no way of pulling the information off. Any help and tips appreciated.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you're running Netware...
Go to the NORM page of the server running the NDPS manager.
Click NDPS Manager Health
Click Advanced NDPS Manager Information
Generate Report
Check the Gateway Load String box
Click Generate Report
Name of the printer along with the load string (which'll include the printer IP or its DNS name) should be returned.
Not sure if this is different if you're running Linux...

Matt
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank for that Matt. I will give that a go.
I also found that there are some audit *.CSV files that are in the NDPS\*.PSM directory.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there.
I am using this method to extract the information from Netware 6.5 servers, and it works great.
I have 1 question though. If I export this information to .csv files, and there are dates in some of the field, some of these date field are in the format dd-mm-yy and some in the format mm-dd-yy with the time appended at the end of the string.
If I pull this information into Excel for example that dates go funny.
Where can I change the format of the dates so that all servers would use mm-dd-yy for example.
Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.