ronnys Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to migrate for 1.0.1 to 1.1?

I want to upgrade fram iPrintAppiance 1.0.1 to latest 1.1 + patch for Win10-support.
I found out its not possible to use export/upgrade since the export.zip contains ip- and certificate-information from the old server.
I want to still run the old server and move printers gradual for the end-users. That meen the new server will have to have a different IP-address.

Is there a migration-tool to can do this so when all printers er moved over to new server, then i can turn off the old server?

RS

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to migrate for 1.0.1 to 1.1?

ronnys;2409138 wrote:
I want to upgrade fram iPrintAppiance 1.0.1 to latest 1.1 + patch for Win10-support.
I found out its not possible to use export/upgrade since the export.zip contains ip- and certificate-information from the old server.
I want to still run the old server and move printers gradual for the end-users. That meen the new server will have to have a different IP-address.

Is there a migration-tool to can do this so when all printers er moved over to new server, then i can turn off the old server?

RS

My guess is that the migration tool will also work between appliances but I have only used it between appliance and OES: https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b13k5oy0.html#b15nrce9

But in my opinion it would be much easier using the export/upgrade routine, you will only have 15-30 min downtime.

Thomas
0 Likes
ronnys Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Now its seems that i f***d up the old server.
The Printer Manager on the old server had ip-address for the new server 😮
This i manage til change back to old ip-address.
The Drive Store in the old server is pointing to the DNS-name for the new server.
This i can not change og cause Printer Manager to stop. 😮

What now!? 😮

NEW STATUS: Reboot fixed the problem 🙂 Phuiiii! 🙂

Best regard, Ronny Simonsen Narvik - Norway
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Really, the export/import process is your best way to get from 1.01 to
1.1 plus the latest rollup patch. Follow the procedure in the
documentation, making sure you first have a good backup of the
appliance, of course, then after doing the import apply the latest
patch (417/418).

The only hiccup we've seen with the import/export process is that our
Windows 8 printer profiles don't all get recreated. We've resolved
that by following option 2 from TID3006957, using a backup copy of the
padbtxt.xml file.

Best,

DG

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:26:02 GMT, ronnys
<ronnys@no-mx.forums.microfocus.com> wrote:

>
>Now its seems that i f***d up the old server.
>The Printer Manager on the old server had ip-address for the new server
>:-o
>This i manage til change back to old ip-address.
>The Drive Store in the old server is pointing to the DNS-name for the
>new server.
>This i can not change og cause Printer Manager to stop. 😮
>
>What now!? 😮
>
>NEW STATUS: Reboot fixed the problem 🙂 Phuiiii! 🙂

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.