Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to move printers between OES2 iPrint Managers?

I've got two OES2 servers, both running iPrint Managers and Driver Stores.

I need to move printer agents from one Manager to the other.
In iManager I find the "Move" button on the Task tab for iPrint NetWare Managers,
but this is gone for iPrint Linux management...

How can I move printers between OES Linux iPrint Managers?

Do I have to use the Migration Utility?
Shouldn't this be possible i iManager in a already configured Linux iPrint environment?

- Erik
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
gaclarks Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to move printers between OES2 iPrint Managers?

If you want to move the manager and all the printers between systems see TID 3902032.

How to move an iPrint Print Manager from one Linux server to another

one of the issues with moving printers is the server name as outlined at the bottom of the above TID.. If you didn't set up your iPrint server with a DNS Alias. printing.mycompany.com instead of myserver.mycompany.com moving printers will mean up dating client workstation with the printers already installed.

If you are planning to keep two print servers using SCMT or just deleting/recreating the printers is just really an issue of how many you want to move. A bigger issue would be that you would have to reinstall the printers to the workstations.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SV: Re: How to move printers between OES2 iPrint Managers?

I want to keep both the OES2 Printer Managers, but need to move some of the printers
from one of them to the other. As of now all the printers reside in Server1, but about half of them
shall be moved to Server2.

But I just can't find any tool to do so!
As stated in my initial post, the "Move" button is presenr i iMan for Netware iPrinter Agents,
but it's gone for Linux iPrinter Agents.

So - how to move them?

iManager has no option for it, and SCMT does not read Linux printers on the source side,
(because it just detects Netware printers for move/consolidation to Linux),
so the printers are not eligible for move by the SCMT either.

I find it slightly odd that iPrint management in OES2 has no option for moving iPrinters between iPrint Managers?!

- Erik

------------------------------

>>> gaclarksgaclarks@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 10.10.2008 22:16 >>

If you are planning to keep two print servers using SCMT or just deleting/recreating the printers
is just really an issue of how many you want to move.
A bigger issue would be that you would have to reinstall the printers to the workstations.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.