Commodore
Commodore

IPrint Directory Server Credentials

Jump to solution

Hi there, as long as my directory sources stay the same, is there any ramifications to updating the Directory Server credentials, to different ones with the same rights?  IE, right now the iprint 4 appliance is using an admin account for directory access, I would like to change that to a more generic account with rights to the directory.

The reason I am asking this, is I have had a few weird idiosyncrasies, with what seemed like small changes in the past. Thanks in advance.

From what I can tell from the documentation, as long as I don't modify the LDAP Server URL, and just change the proxy user credentials (for the same directory), I should be fine....can anyone confirm that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain
Captain

You should be able to change the account in the same manner as when you set up your system.  I tested this by creating my test system that was started from scratch.  I used the same admin account to start and then created a dedicated test account.  The only thing I changed was the account information and no issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I've never changed only the user credentials so not sure if will affect the current configuration. Modifying the url, for sure it will remove all and reimport it.

but you can easily test it. Take a snapshot, modify user and check. If any problems, restore snapshot back.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Can you define take a snapshot.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Can you clarify "SnapShot" this has so many meanings these days:

Do you mean a VM Snapshot or is there some sort of snapshot I can do within the print appliance, that I can roll back to.  Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Sorry I meant to add this post to the other one. I didn't mean to double post.

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

So just to clarify, this has never been tested in house, IE, leaving the LDAP URL alone, but just changing the credentials?  I would "Think" that as long as the LDAP URL stayed the same...all would be well....

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Okay, from what I can see, the documentation says you can edit the connection, as long as you keep the directory server URL the same....so I'm hoping that is correct so we can shore up the rights on this.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

You should be able to change the account in the same manner as when you set up your system.  I tested this by creating my test system that was started from scratch.  I used the same admin account to start and then created a dedicated test account.  The only thing I changed was the account information and no issues.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commodore
Commodore

Yes, I was able to change update/change the credentials, leaving the server mapping the same.  All is well!  Thank-you everyone.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.