Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
960 views

IPrint Updates for Netware 6.5 sp5

We are having some major problems with delays in printing via NDPS
printers in our Netware 6.5 sp5 environment. The problem is that the
users send a print job and it comes out anywhere between 1 minute and 20
minutes. The problem seems to be related to the server losing contact
with the printer agent. If you go to iManager and shutdown and restart
the agent, it starts printing immediately.

At this time I am looking for the latest updates for iPrint for Netware
6.5sp5. I can find the sp6 ones but not the ones for SP5. Anyone any
ideas on how to fix these LPR problems.

Thanks,

Sali
0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IPrint Updates for Netware 6.5 sp5


Sali Kaceli;2661149 Wrote:
> We are having some major problems with delays in printing via NDPS
> printers in our Netware 6.5 sp5 environment. The problem is that the
> users send a print job and it comes out anywhere between 1 minute and
> 20
> minutes. The problem seems to be related to the server losing contact
> with the printer agent. If you go to iManager and shutdown and restart
> the agent, it starts printing immediately.
>
> At this time I am looking for the latest updates for iPrint for
> Netware
> 6.5sp5. I can find the sp6 ones but not the ones for SP5. Anyone any
> ideas on how to fix these LPR problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sali


Could you tell us what printer you are using and what your exact load
string for the gateway is?


--
cimetmc

Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IPrint Updates for Netware 6.5 sp5

In this case, I am using an HP Laserjet 4250 with built in jetdirect.
This is the connection string in iManager:

NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=10.1.4.31 PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH

I have also tried another one of the printers congiguring it to RAW:
NDPSGW PORT=RAW HOSTADDRESS=10.1.4.32 and it does not seem to take care
of the problem. The printer here is an HP 4250 as well. These two run of
the same netware 6.5sp5 server.

Besides this, we have other 60+ printers mainly HP4000 and 4100, some of
them at random times do a similar thing.

Thanks,

Sali


cimetmc wrote:
> Sali Kaceli;2661149 Wrote:
>> We are having some major problems with delays in printing via NDPS
>> printers in our Netware 6.5 sp5 environment. The problem is that the
>> users send a print job and it comes out anywhere between 1 minute and
>> 20
>> minutes. The problem seems to be related to the server losing contact
>> with the printer agent. If you go to iManager and shutdown and restart
>> the agent, it starts printing immediately.
>>
>> At this time I am looking for the latest updates for iPrint for
>> Netware
>> 6.5sp5. I can find the sp6 ones but not the ones for SP5. Anyone any
>> ideas on how to fix these LPR problems.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sali

>
> Could you tell us what printer you are using and what your exact load
> string for the gateway is?
>
>

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IPrint Updates for Netware 6.5 sp5


Sali Kaceli;2661571 Wrote:
> In this case, I am using an HP Laserjet 4250 with built in jetdirect.
> This is the connection string in iManager:
>
> NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=10.1.4.31 PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH
>
> I have also tried another one of the printers congiguring it to RAW:
> NDPSGW PORT=RAW HOSTADDRESS=10.1.4.32 and it does not seem to take
> care
> of the problem. The printer here is an HP 4250 as well. These two run
> of
> the same netware 6.5sp5 server.
>
> Besides this, we have other 60+ printers mainly HP4000 and 4100, some
> of
> them at random times do a similar thing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sali
>
>


Are you using iPrint direct by any chance? Are there any people
accessing the printers directly without going through iPrint?


--
cimetmc

Marcel Cox
http://support.novell.com/forums
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.