Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install printers as a domain Standard user

Is it possible to be able to install iPrint printers from the ipp webpage as a standard user. I have not been able to accomplish this. What we have is a Windows 8.1 machine joined to the domain. We log in as a standard user, go to our ipp webpage to install a printer. Click on the printer and it tells us we need to run the browser with Administrator privileges. I have added the ipp site to the trusted sites for IE and still get the same error. Starting to think that this is not possible. I can't believe its not but who knows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Install printers as a domain Standard user

read the documentation on the iprint.ini file, there is a setting that allows this, but remember, that means ANYONE who can access the /ipp page can install printers
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Install printers as a domain Standard user

dbgallo;2348209 wrote:
read the documentation on the iprint.ini file, there is a setting that allows this, but remember, that means ANYONE who can access the /ipp page can install printers

I have tried that. Do you know if you need to restart any services on the server after making that change?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.