Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing HP Laserjet 4350 drivers on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

Hi

I'm trying to set up a profile for my networked HP LaserJet 4300 on a Citrix session via Iprint.

If I try and add the driver (downloaded directly from the HP website) into the Broker via the Resource Management Services Tab, I get a dialog box coming up with the following message:

"Error message : The operation completed successfully.
Error group : Windows
Error code : 0"

and the profile is not created on the server.

I've tried to upload 4300 PCL 5e and PCL 6 drivers as well, without success.

The server is Netware 6.5 SP4.

Can anyone help?

Gareth Edwards
Helpdesk Engineer
Denholm Logistics Ltd
Tel 0151 236 4871
Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk
0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: Installing HP Laserjet 4350 drivers on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

On Tue, 09 May 2006 10:48:28 +0000, GARETH EDWARDS wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to set up a profile for my networked HP LaserJet 4300 on a Citrix session via Iprint.
>
> If I try and add the driver (downloaded directly from the HP website) into the Broker via the Resource Management Services Tab, I get a dialog box coming up with the following message:
>
> "Error message : The operation completed successfully.
> Error group : Windows
> Error code : 0"
>
> and the profile is not created on the server.
>
> I've tried to upload 4300 PCL 5e and PCL 6 drivers as well, without success.
>
> The server is Netware 6.5 SP4.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
>
>
>
> Gareth Edwards
> Helpdesk Engineer
> Denholm Logistics Ltd
> Tel 0151 236 4871
> Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk

I had a similar problem trying to create a profile for the LJ2300 PS
driver. I could do it for PCL, but not PS. Anyways I used this handy
tool to repackage the driver, uploaded this new one to the broker, and now
I was able to create the profile successfully. Here's the link.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/13952.html

Joe

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: Installing HP Laserjet 4350 drivers on Windows 2000 TerminalServer

Hi

I downloaded the app from the link provided, then installed the app to my hard drive. Using it, I then created a copy of the drivers for the HP LJ 4300N.

Then i logged onto Citrix, fired up iPrint and added the new drivers to the broker using the Resource Management Service tab. This worked successfully. (I uploaded them from my PC to my Citrix session via a client drive mapping).

Hoewever, when i tried to create a new driver profile, I got the same error message.

I also got the message when I tried to create a new profile using an existing one (which I had created from a Windows 2000 PC).

Can you help?

Gareth Edwards
Helpdesk Engineer
Denholm Logistics Ltd
Tel 0151 236 4871
Email : gedwards@denholm-logistics.co.uk
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.