SteveUYS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing Windows 7 drivers on OES Linux from XP

Has anyone managed to install Windows 7 drivers with the "Install From File" option of iManager installed on Windows XP?

I get a Clunk sound only and a crashed IE8.

I read here that it is supported with various patches on OES2 but we have OES1.

I have installed iManager on Windows 7 but can't get that working at present either as I can't browse to my Driver Store.

Thanks and Regards Steve
0 Likes
6 Replies
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Installing Windows 7 drivers on OES Linux from XP

SteveUYS;2030063 wrote:
Has anyone managed to install Windows 7 drivers with the "Install From File" option of iManager installed on Windows XP?

You need to upload it from a Windows 7 device and supported browser. You said you have installed imanager on Win7 but have you just tried it from the servers imanager? Full versions needed of server, iprint, OS please..
0 Likes
SteveUYS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for your interest Michael.

https://Servername/nps/servlet/webacc

Gives me...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If I click Continue I get...

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
Servername
Tue Oct 5 16:09:41 2010
Apache/2.0.59 (Linux/SuSE)

The server is running OES1 fully patched.

The Windows 7 workstation is new build. iManager Workstation v2.7.3 (20100826_110021)
Field Patch 4 -- 201000826

I have to use the server IP address in the Tree field. If I use the tree name I get this error:

(Error -634) The target server does not have a copy of what the source is requesting. Or, the source server has no objects that match the request and has no referrals on which to search for the object.

I believe this may be to do with SLP but do't know how to check that.

When I do log in with the server IP address in the Tree field I can see the iPrint section and can click on Manage Driver Store, but when I click the Magnifying Glass icon nothing happens. If I click Simple Selection and enter "Printer" in the right hand field and click Search it does find the Driver Store. If I cut and paste that into the 1st box it still wont select it. The bottom line of the screen reads...

http:/localhost:4808/nps/servlet/frameservice?NPService=fw.LaunchServiceNPAction=Delegatedelegate=iPrintX.Manage Driver Storelauncher=fw.HmePagelifecycle=Recreaterepeatable=true#

Or something very similar!
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

SteveUYS;2030222 wrote:
Thanks for your interest Michael.

https://Servername/nps/servlet/webacc

Gives me...

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If I click Continue I get...

Object not found!
The requested URL was not found on this server. If you entered the URL manually please check your spelling and try again.
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 404
Servername
Tue Oct 5 16:09:41 2010
Apache/2.0.59 (Linux/SuSE)

The server is running OES1 fully patched.

The Windows 7 workstation is new build. iManager Workstation v2.7.3 (20100826_110021)
Field Patch 4 -- 201000826

I have to use the server IP address in the Tree field. If I use the tree name I get this error:

(Error -634) The target server does not have a copy of what the source is requesting. Or, the source server has no objects that match the request and has no referrals on which to search for the object.

I believe this may be to do with SLP but do't know how to check that.

When I do log in with the server IP address in the Tree field I can see the iPrint section and can click on Manage Driver Store, but when I click the Magnifying Glass icon nothing happens. If I click Simple Selection and enter "Printer" in the right hand field and click Search it does find the Driver Store. If I cut and paste that into the 1st box it still wont select it. The bottom line of the screen reads...

http:/localhost:4808/nps/servlet/frameservice?NPService=fw.LaunchServiceNPAction=Delegatedelegate=iPrintX.Manage Driver Storelauncher=fw.HmePagelifecycle=Recreaterepeatable=true#

Or something very similar!

You can't add Windows 7 Drivers to a OES1 server, you need a OES2SP1 or OES2SP2 iPrint server for Windows 7 support.

Thomas
0 Likes
SteveUYS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Thomas. That means we cannot use iPrint with Windows 7 at all. I guess we'll have to look for another solution then. Or can we use iPrint on OES Netware to support Windows 7?
0 Likes
Michael_Fleming Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SteveUYS;2030307 wrote:
Thanks Thomas. That means we cannot use iPrint with Windows 7 at all. I guess we'll have to look for another solution then. Or can we use iPrint on OES Netware to support Windows 7?

You can use iprint for Windows 7 on OES Netware (with patch) or OES2 Linux
0 Likes
SteveUYS Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Michael. OES Netware Sounds like a viable option until we move to OES2.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.