UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing from /ipp prompts to install client

We have a major issue that is really upsetting our district.

We have recently upgraded everyone to Zen 10.2.0 as well as a new iPrint server on SLES 10 SP2. Users receive their print policies, but some want to install some additional printers around the building. When anyone goes to the iprint.domain.com/ipp website to install a printer it prompts the user to install the latest iprint client.

They already have 5.20 installed within each iprint policy through Zen10, so I'm confused why its thinking they have an older version. I even copied the new nipp client files for WindowsXP to the following directory:

/var/opt/novell/iprint/htdocs/clients/win-xp

Is there more I need to do? My test environment didn't have this issue.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:46:02 +0000, kfreise wrote:

> When
> anyone goes to the iprint.domain.com/ipp website to install a printer it
> prompts the user to install the latest iprint client.

Are they using IE, and if so, are they not allowing the iPrint ActiveX
control to run? If it doesn't run they will be prompted to install the
client even if it's already installed.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Knowledge Partner
SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 is ready for action.

Joe Marton Emeritus Knowledge Partner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.