mojeda92 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Invalid Credentials when trying to login to iPrint iOS App

I've recently setup a fresh install of the iPrint Appliance 1.1 and installed all security patches.

Original setup was iPrint appliance was SSL but syncing to our edirectory server was not, and I was unable to login with the iOS app. This was in Evaluation mode so I am unsure if the password being encrypted over SSL from the appliance then trying to match on the eDir server not on ssl caused that issue.

However I then installed our license, and configured LDAP sync to be over SSL, but I am still gettin the same "Invalid Credentials" message. That being said, our current license only entitles us to the appliance and iprint desktop, not iPrint Mobile whereas when in evaluation mode you have access to iPrint Mobile.

My question here is, should I be expecting it to say "Invalid Credentials" even though I do not have any iPrint Mobile licenses, or should there be a different message or result?

Thanks!
0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Invalid Credentials when trying to login to iPrint iOS App

mojeda92,

It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your
posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply.

Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options:

- Visit http://www.novell.com/support and search the knowledgebase and/or check all
the other self support options and support programs available.
- You could also try posting your message again. Make sure it is posted in the
correct newsgroup. (http://forums.novell.com)

Be sure to read the forum FAQ about what to expect in the way of responses:
http://forums.novell.com/faq.php

If this is a reply to a duplicate posting, please ignore and accept our apologies
and rest assured we will issue a stern reprimand to our posting bot.

Good luck!

Your Novell Forums Team
http://forums.novell.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
posty Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Invalid Credentials when trying to login to iPrint iOS A

same problem here... i am fully licensed (desktop and mobile)... server is from the network perspective fully reachable... certificates are valid and ldap user sync is enabled via ssl (ldaps) and working fine!
appliance is on latest patch level and the error also occurs on the android app as well (so no difference between ios or android!)...

... any hints or tips and tricks?!

iprint mobile log:
Apr 01, 2015 5:10:24 PM com.novell.service.iPrint.mobile.rest.server.services.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl authenticateUser
WARNING: UnAuthorised user.p****
Apr 07, 2015 11:19:17 AM com.novell.service.iPrint.mobile.rest.server.services.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl getAppUserDetails
WARNING: Authentication request URL doesn't contain User information.
Apr 07, 2015 11:19:28 AM com.novell.service.iPrint.mobile.rest.server.services.impl.AuthenticationServiceImpl authenticateUser
WARNING: UnAuthorised user.****
0 Likes
elphantasmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here... Android 4.4
The server is all patched. I reinstalled the app from the Play store. Might this be related to the bug that is causing some users not to be synced to the appliance (I know that was also some database stuff)?

No SRs available to submit.
0 Likes
elphantasmo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

elphantasmo;2352497 wrote:
Same problem here... Android 4.4
The server is all patched. I reinstalled the app from the Play store. Might this be related to the bug that is causing some users not to be synced to the appliance (I know that was also some database stuff)?

No SRs available to submit.

SP1 fixed the mobile app issue for us.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.