Admiral
Admiral

Iprint 4 appliance external directory

I have an issue adding an external auth directory on Print 4 appliance. All updates installed. The strange part is it appears to work but no external auth servers show up. I have tried both AD and Edir. It accepts the info and appears to work but never shows up in the list. So no external auth. I have searched the system everywhere and can find nothing in any log anywhere. I don't really want to blow it away and start over at this point. Anyone seen this before and have any idea what logs contain the info to figure out why it is doing it? Need an external directory. Don't want to have to put users on the appliance.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

101301166483 - IE not detecting iPrint Client

This check was removed long time ago. If you are getting a message about client not being installed, then you're running an old iprint.js.

Type at console:

rpm -qa --changelog |grep 1030611

you should get something like:

- r15607 | kganeshkumar | #1077049,#1030611,#1055961,#1064295,#1065001

if you get it, then you've got the right js on the server/appliance then problem should be on the proxy or browser cache, still using the old one, so it looks like all your IE issue are coming from your proxy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.