warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Iprint Appliance

Been testing for a customer the latest print appliance with all updates installed. Have both mobile and AirPrint enabled.
Testing with IOS print app as well as iOS iprint app. Seem like that there are few things that can print to the printers.
Using the iprint app printing from pages it appears that get this from any printer. I have searched and searched for
what could cause this.

Mar 12, 2019 9:56:11 AM com.novell.service.iprint.components.model.ipp.IPPDynaObject createProperties
WARNING: Unsupported attribute document-password-supported
Mar 12, 2019 9:56:11 AM com.novell.service.iprint.components.model.ipp.IPPDynaObject createProperties
WARNING: Unsupported attribute job-account-id-supported
WARNING: Unsupported attribute jpeg-features-supported
WARNING: Unsupported attribute printer-mandatory-job-attributes
Mar 12, 2019 9:56:19 AM com.novell.service.iprint.components.model.ipp.IPPDynaObject createProperties
WARNING: Unsupported attribute document-password-supported
Mar 12, 2019 9:56:19 AM com.novell.service.iprint.components.model.ipp.IPPDynaObject createProperties
WARNING: Unsupported attribute job-account-id-supported
WARNING: Unsupported attribute jpeg-features-supported
WARNING: Unsupported attribute printer-mandatory-job-attributes
Mar 12, 2019 9:56:47 AM com.novell.service.iprint.jobmanagement.service.utils.PrintJobOperationCallable$2 onFailure
WARNING: Exception occured while sending document for job to printer.Index: 0, Size: 0

Anyone else seen this.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Iprint Appliance

I can't say I know what the error messages mean but a trouble-shooting technique would be to see if you can QuickPrint the same document. Go to the WEB page for the appliance and select the printer and upload the document that way.

The app is trying to send the document to the appliance to render. if QuickPrint works, that means there is nothing wrong with the document itself and the renderer can convert the document. The problem would seem to be on the mobile device.

If printing via QuickPrint fails, 2 things come to mind that could possibly be wrong - the document you are trying to print isn't supported or the printer driver on the appliances is wrong.

Try a different document (simple txt file) and see if it prints. If it does, the renderer and printer driver work fine. The problem is probably the original document you were trying to print.

If it doesn't work, it could be the printer driver on the appliance that is set incorrectly Go to the renderer tab on the appliance admin console and switch the printer driver. There are two generic drivers - a PCL and a Postscript. Off the top of my head I can't remember the default but switch it to the other one and see what happens.

Hope that helps track down the issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.