Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Iprint and WordPerfect

I know that WordPerfect is not a good idea, but working for a school board...

We are running Iprint on a oes2 sp1 server

our users have iprint client 5.30.00, and are having difficulty printing when using WordPerfect. It seems that anything else prints fine.

it all worked fine with ndps.
Tags (2)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It would of course help if you gave some more information on your setup, like the client OS you are using as well as a clear description of your problem symptoms rather that just saying that you have difficulties printing.
In any case, some applications, especially older ones, may have problem with the long pritner names that you have for iPrint printers by default. For this reasons, and also to make the printer names more user friendly, you should always use the short install name option. See the documentation at the following like for more details:

http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/iprint_lx/data/bu4tilz.html#bu4tinj
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Our client machines are running windows xp sp3. the problems with are having are WordPerfect 12. the print jobs just disapear or hang the machine.

i will try and change the short name
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

We're a government agency and have a large installed base of wordperfect. I've found that the print engine in WP has a need to contact every printer that is installed on the machine prior to presenting the print options dialog. So, the more printers you have, the worse it gets, especially when using iPrint. To get around it, we had to install local TCP/IP printers to speed up the process. At minimum, having one TCP/IP printer per machine that was set to the users default hepled.

I know it defeats the purpose of using iPrint, but it did help us.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.