Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
warper2 Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Iprint for OES 2018 SP1

Does this version support airprint? I know the appliance does but seems that the printers from Iprint appliance work with airprint. The printers from Iprint for OES 2018 SP1 do not show up on ios devices. So simple question is whether it is supported or not. Docs were not helpful.

Thanks
0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Iprint for OES 2018 SP1

On 12.02.2019 18:24, warper2 wrote:
>
> Does this version support airprint? I know the appliance does but seems
> that the printers from Iprint appliance work with airprint. The printers
> from Iprint for OES 2018 SP1 do not show up on ios devices. So simple
> question is whether it is supported or not. Docs were not helpful.
>
> Thanks
>
>

No, Airprint is still appliance only. I'm actually quite certain it's
prominently in the docs.

CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
CU,
--
Massimo Rosen
Micro Focus Knowledge Partner
No emails please!
http://www.cfc-it.de
0 Likes
cegepgim Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

There is a lot of confusion in the documentation and a lot of broken links) , and a chat with support did not help try to clarify, just routing me to the community forums...

I upgraded an iPrint OES 2015 server to OES 2018 sp1, but I don't seem to have all the mobile fonctionnalities.  There is a lot of confusion, I think there is another "iPrint for OES 2018" that I might have to install over the iPrint on my OES 2018 server. ?!?
Or am I just lost?
How can I check for the versions of iPrint on OES 2018, and what veersion should it be?
Currently, if I check in Yast i see Novell iPrint 12.1-43.1 and Novell iPrint Server 6.19.0-76.3  Which add to the confusion when I try to see if I have iPrint 4.0

And there is a OES for iPrint 2018 SP1 24 ( tid:5484230 ) available in my entitled software, but I have no idea if I should install it

0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Currently there are 3 different iprint versions:
1. oes iprint. This is the normal iprint shipped with oes servers
2. iprint for oes 2018 sp1 is an add on for iprint that provides mobile capabilities to iprint in oes servers. This capabilities are the same as appliance 3.x version
3. iPrint appliance., version 3.x and 4.x

So if you want mobile capabilities on your oes 2018sp1 server, you need to install iprint from oes 2018 sp1.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.