UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Captain
Captain

Iprint4 Secure Shell Issues

When I try to connect to the new iPrint4 with ssh, I find that I am unable to carry out this operation. To investigate the problem, I ran systemctl status sshd on the iPrint server, and I find that all the keys for sshd  are showing invalid format.

Could someone try this out before I start regenerating keys etc to let me know if it is an issue with my installation or problems with the image.

Operation of the ssh service from the web command works fine (stopping, starting from boot etc).

Regards

ChasR.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

never seen that. Could you post the output of the systemctl status sshd? it may be referring to the your ssh client keys.

What client do you use to connect thru ssh?

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

Hi, it was the VM version of iprint4 I was commenting on. The invalid format error refers to all the private keys, and lists them when I get the status.

Since posting this item, I have renewed all the keys, and the secure shell now works as expected.

I have noticed this problem with this virtual machine a couple of times with different installs (trying a number of occasions to get everything working), so I was wondering if there was a problem with the keys on the released iprint4 vm.

Cheers

ChasR.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.