Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
873 views

Is it possible - iprint super page?

Is it possible to configure a "super iprint" type of page which would
conglomerate ALL iPrinters in an entire tree onto a single page?

If not, how do you all manage iprinters between different containers in a
single tree??

I would imagine I could do such a thing using a static webpage, but that
would be time consuming and administratively intensive.

Any ideas? I have also heard of an iprint "bitmap" type of thing, what is
that all about?

I am pretty new to this whole iPrint thing, just having converted all of
our NDS queue printers to NDPS/iPrint.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible - iprint super page?

In article <9lr4g.3858$HI3.3758@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote:
> Is it possible to configure a "super iprint" type of page which would
> conglomerate ALL iPrinters in an entire tree onto a single page?


Does that by default.

> Any ideas? I have also heard of an iprint "bitmap" type of thing,
> what is that all about?


You can use building floor plan bitmaps and drop icons representing the
printers onto the floorplan where the printers are physically located.
Especially nice for new employees who don't know where everything is.

The utility for this is called MAPTOOL.

See the iPrint documentation:

http://tinyurl.com/om5t2 for NetWare 6.0
http://tinyurl.com/q5doe for NetWare 6.5
http://tinyurl.com/r8tb7 for OES/NetWare

--
-Barry. [SysOp Emeritus]

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible - iprint super page?

> Does that by default.

What do you mean?

Unless I am doing something wrong, I only get listings of printers for each
container.

example http://server1/ipp

I get a listing of every print job handled by that print manager (NDPSM).

In my organizations case, we have something like 80+ sites, each with their
own server, and a broker and manager on each server. Iprint is on each server.

What I am looking for is a conglomeration of ALL iPrinters from ALL print
managers to appear on one webpage.

Is this possible?

I will check out those TID's you mentioned as well.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible - iprint super page?

This isn't what your looking for, but I have a perl script that will run
thru all your managers and output all printer agents into a single text file

It uses a file called NDPSManager.txt, one manager per line (fully qualified
name)
Also need NDPSAddr.exe found on the cool tools page.

Matt Walkowiak

The script is as follows:

$file = "NDPSManager.txt";
open SOURCE, $file or die "Cannot open $file: $!";
$output = ">ipagent.txt";
open OUTPUT, $output or die "Cannot open $output: $!";
select OUTPUT;
$time = localtime;
print "$time\n\n";
while ($line = readline SOURCE) {
@array = `ndpsaddr.exe $line`;
print $line;
print sort @array;
}
close SOURCE;
close OUTPUT;

<sysadm@wrightfreight.com> wrote in message
news:0Vt4g.4002$HI3.447@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>> Does that by default.

>
> What do you mean?
>
> Unless I am doing something wrong, I only get listings of printers for
> each
> container.
>
> example http://server1/ipp
>
> I get a listing of every print job handled by that print manager (NDPSM).
>
> In my organizations case, we have something like 80+ sites, each with
> their
> own server, and a broker and manager on each server. Iprint is on each
> server.
>
> What I am looking for is a conglomeration of ALL iPrinters from ALL print
> managers to appear on one webpage.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I will check out those TID's you mentioned as well.


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible - iprint super page?

OK, I misunderstood before. I thought you were talking about a single
manager in the tree, but you could only see printers from one
particular container.

There's no 'official' Novell way to have an iPrint page show printers
from multiple managers.

Perhaps you could make a custom page that shows your various locations,
and clicking on one would go to its respective iPrint page. You'd then
have to copy that page out to each location, then teach users to point
their browsers at it. You could make it simple, like
http://printers.mycompany.com

--
-Barry. [SysOp Emeritus]

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible - iprint super page?

You do not need an iprint super page - when you want to manage an agent
just use the simple search function. Keep in mind if you wild card the
searches - the less info you give the more harsh it is to your tree.


> OK, I misunderstood before. I thought you were talking about a single
> manager in the tree, but you could only see printers from one
> particular container.
>
> There's no 'official' Novell way to have an iPrint page show printers
> from multiple managers.
>
> Perhaps you could make a custom page that shows your various locations,
> and clicking on one would go to its respective iPrint page. You'd then
> have to copy that page out to each location, then teach users to point
> their browsers at it. You could make it simple, like
> http://printers.mycompany.com
>
> --
> -Barry. [SysOp Emeritus]
>


0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.