Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

LDAP Import HTTP 500 Error

I am attempting to move from the VMware appliance to the Xen appliance (and also move the appliance on the network as well). I exported the configuration, loaded it into the new appliance, and now I’m trying to look at the LDAP Import part of the administration section and it is throwing an HTTP Status 500 - Filter execution threw an exception at me.

The “old” appliance does not throw this error. I’ve attached the error that it throws onto the page in a text document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: LDAP Import HTTP 500 Error

I've done some more testing. I spun up a new appliance and just set it up as new, installed all of the patches, and the LDAP Import feature came up as normal.

I am in the process of spinning up another appliance, moving the configuration over (a new export of it) and to see if the problem persists. If it does, I might need to just work on redoing the entire thing from scratch to make up for my mistakes.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

When you say you are moving it over, are you changing the network configuration? My experience has been, and I believe engineering designed it this way, the Export/Upgrade option assumes the DNS name and IP address will be the same. The Export does a lot with certs, IP addresses, DNS etc, so if the network configuration is different between the two, I could see this as being an issue. Just a thought at this point.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

I figured it out. It looks like I needed to open all of the iPrint ports on the firewall so that the import of the configuration went smoothly and now the error is not there. I will do some more testing before I consider it "good" and maybe also post a Cool Solution if everything works like I want it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.