Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LDAP problem

Hi There,

We have installed the iPrint Appliance version 1.1.0.407. We configured some printers and the LDAP server so that we can give access to some groups.
We have a AD running for all users.
When configuring the LDAP-import and it workt without any problems. However in the test we noticed that some users must enter other credintials then others. When looking at it we saw that in the "LDAP attribute that uniquely identifies a user or group:" cn was entered. Whe changed it to sAMAccountName because that is the correct logon name that everybody has in our school.
I runned the LDAP and it corrected a lot of users. However users still need the loginname before the change to sAMAccountName.
How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Marcel
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: LDAP problem

marceldejager;2337586 wrote:
Hi There,

We have installed the iPrint Appliance version 1.1.0.407. We configured some printers and the LDAP server so that we can give access to some groups.
We have a AD running for all users.
When configuring the LDAP-import and it workt without any problems. However in the test we noticed that some users must enter other credintials then others. When looking at it we saw that in the "LDAP attribute that uniquely identifies a user or group:" cn was entered. Whe changed it to sAMAccountName because that is the correct logon name that everybody has in our school.
I runned the LDAP and it corrected a lot of users. However users still need the loginname before the change to sAMAccountName.
How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Marcel

http://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b15qw816.html#b15qwd4b

LDAP Attribute to Identify a User or Group: should be set as objectGUID for AD LDAP sources, did you have that specified when adding the initial ldap source?

LDAP Attribute for iPrint Appliance User Name is the one that is used for loginname, did you change that to sAMAccountName?

The setting LDAP Attribute Used for iPrint Appliance User Name is used for two purposes:
•The value is used as the iPrint Appliance user name when the user is first provisioned from LDAP. The value of this attribute must be unique.
•During iPrint Appliance login, iPrint Appliance uses this attribute to locate the user in the LDAP directory, and then tries to authenticate as that user

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This are the settings. I think they are correct.

Marcel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi there,

I have solved the issue. I made a new LDAP configuration and the only thing I changed was the LDAP server. I changed it from dc01 to dc02.
When running the LDA config all users did get the right login name at that point.
I don't know why it worked but my problem is solved 🙂

Marcel
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

marceldejager;2337645 wrote:

This are the settings. I think they are correct.

Marcel

Looks correct.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

marceldejager;2337815 wrote:
Hi there,

I have solved the issue. I made a new LDAP configuration and the only thing I changed was the LDAP server. I changed it from dc01 to dc02.
When running the LDA config all users did get the right login name at that point.
I don't know why it worked but my problem is solved 🙂

Marcel

Ah, great news!

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.