Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

LDAP source -- users not removed

Hi again!
Well, played around a little with LDAP(s) conf of iPrint Appliance. When I changed ldap import conf a bit I saw some users of 1000 (well, AD limitation is there, nothing I can do, don't administer this AD server) were deleted, but some (351 to be precise) wasn't. Then I removed entire LDAP source, but ... still these users there, I see via iManager. Can I delete users via iManager wo harming iPrint Appliance? Any ideas? In docs I read that when to delete LDAP source all users should be deleted and only tree (container) will be preserved.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LDAP source -- users not removed

Also, I noticed, after such a ... LDAP source removing and creating again (wo touching users via iManager) pointing to the same base dn ... users found not added to eDir, mh. Even LDAP conf page does show users found OK.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Well. Something does not fit. Deleted users via iManager. Deleted also AD user source from appliance. Tried to import again. Appliance shows 649 (!) users added. In iManager I see 351 (!) users, probably left behind from last sync. Deleted user source once again via appliance, it shows 649 users removed, all 351 in iManager were not removed. Mh. Well, probably it got stuck on 1K user import restriction, as I wrote, AD managing is out of my reach.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Yeah, whatever I do -- these 351 users still show up!
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
From support I was told it's a known bug. Too bad! =(
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Deleted user source on Appliance, removed entire tree (with 351 users within) from eDir ... overnight all back. "Polufabrikat" is name for this kind of product, must admit.
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi again!
Well, no help from support, must admit, too bad. Yesterday reinstalled iPrint Appl and tried it again using eDir and AD user sources, first didn't appear in iManager no users, waited 24 hours to happen. Then just restarted Appl and then I saw in iManager (after running sync from command line) appear eDir user, but no AD. So, I removed eDir user source and ... now I was left behind with 44 users (from 84), still no AD users. Not pleased!
Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.