Highlighted
AYDATAANSV Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LPR Communication Failed

Hi!

Can someone please help me with this HP color laserjet 2605dtn. It returns error everytime someone print to this printer. I try both LPR and RAW with same result. Can ping printer

Description: LPR Communication Failed
Object: Printer
Severity: Critical
Time: 21.10.2010 16.13.18

Associated message:
LPR Error: 32 from LprSendControlFile()

Gateway Autoload Command:
NDPSGW PORT=LPR HOSTADDRESS=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PRINTERNAME=PASSTHROUGH

NW6.5sp8
NDPS Manager v3.03b
iPrint client v05.30
0 Likes
3 Replies
leekie Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LPR Communication Failed

Hi,

Can you check that the printer is listening on port 515 if you're using LPR or 9100 if you're using RAW? "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 515" or "telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 9100" should show a flashing cursor if they're listening.
We have one of these working in our environment using the driver HP Color LaserJet 2605dn_2605dtn PCL 6 version 12/02/2005,60.053.45.00.

Good luck,

Matt
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi

The printer is using LPR and can listen to port 515 with the same driver HP Color LaserJet 2605dn_2605dtn PCL 6 version 12/02/2005,60.053.45.00
I can se in the conole that the printer trying to print every now and then and then returns the LPR communication failed error. iManger shows "Input Tray Elevation Failure: LPR Error: 32 from LprSendControlFile()" If I delete all jobs in the queu printer status turn to Idle. If I print a test page the printer ends up with LPR Communication Failed again. Think I try all variants now and the printer still dont work!?

/Anki
0 Likes
Absent Member.

I think the problem is solved. The printer use LPR and respond on port 515, but
not 9100. I reseted the printer to factory defaults and started over. Now it respond on both 515 and 9100 and seems to print properly so far 🙂

/Anki
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.