Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ldap Sync not working correctly.

Hi There,

We are using iprint appliance Version: 1.1.0.407-HP.419 and have come across an issue that would require your input.

We have configured LDAP Import from Primary eDir to sync to the Iprint eDir, we have noticed that not all the users come across/sync with the iprint tree, I can see the users in primary eDir but when I browse the iPrint edir they are not visible.
I tried changing the attributes but still the user cannot be see in iprint edir, any help is appreciated.

thanks
Tom
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Ldap Sync not working correctly.

tomhawk15;2419282 wrote:
Hi There,

We are using iprint appliance Version: 1.1.0.407-HP.419 and have come across an issue that would require your input.

We have configured LDAP Import from Primary eDir to sync to the Iprint eDir, we have noticed that not all the users come across/sync with the iprint tree, I can see the users in primary eDir but when I browse the iPrint edir they are not visible.
I tried changing the attributes but still the user cannot be see in iprint edir, any help is appreciated.

thanks
Tom

You are probably using GUID as the unique identifier and cn as the username? Does these users that do not come across have unique cn or are there multiple users in the tree with the same cn? Does the ldap proxy user have rights to the container where these problematic users reside?
What version of eDir are you using, I believe you need to be on 8.8.x?
Do you see any errors in the log: /var/log/ipmigrate.log or maybe in any of the other logs: https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/bgxr60v.html ?

Thomas
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.