Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Mail serring fail

Hi All
I want to enable iprint email printing function, and then I create a new mail account from my Exchange 2007 server, and then try to login this user to MS OWA page. Yes this user could login well.
now I login appliance console, enable mail printing function...I typr like below:
Maill Address: ipuser01@sna.com.tw
Account Name:ipuser01
password:P@ssw0rd
re-type password:P@ssw0rd
incoming mail server:192.168.0.251
incoming server type: IMAP/POP(I tested 2 type...all fail)
outgoing mail server:192.168.0.251

But appliance show "changes cannot be saved because of the following errors: Could not authenticate email settings.Reason: Failed to connect to mail server for ipuser01@sna.com.tw"

I indeed believe these user information correct, which log I could check in appliance ?

thanks!!

wyldkao
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Mail serring fail

HI
I check with Mail admin, it saied our company use POP3(Secure) 995 instead of POP3 110....
So How could I add POP3S item or modify original POP3 setting ??

thanks!!

wyldkao
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On 11/15/2013 07:46 AM, wyldkao wrote:
>
> HI
> I check with Mail admin, it saied our company use POP3(Secure) 995
> instead of POP3 110....
> So How could I add POP3S item or modify original POP3 setting ??
>
> thanks!!
>
>
> wyldkao
>
>

From the docs:

https://www.novell.com/documentation/iprint-appliance1/iprint_appliance/data/b162nk6n.html

Unable to Configure Email Printing When SSL is Enabled for IMAP in GroupWise
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi
I have set the procedure completed...but it issue still exist....
but I have 2 question:
(1)Does the incoming server need use hostname or FQDN match the hostname in this cerficate ? or I could use IP instead ?
(2)I find this certificate expire...so even I import this server toappliance...Does the expire factor make my issue exist ?

which log I could troubleshooting about mail confiure ?

thanks!!

wyldkao
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.