Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
924 views

Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

I will be doing a large push of the iPrint client to all my users (currently
2.02)
In reading some of the forums, there looks to be confusion as to which
version is the "latest" as version number order differs from chronological
order.

So, if you hadda push the client out to 1000's of users, what version would
you use? 4.05? 4.06? 4.11? 4.12? Something else all together?

Matt

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

v4.12 is the latest and greatest.

> I will be doing a large push of the iPrint client to all my users

(currently
> 2.02)
> In reading some of the forums, there looks to be confusion as to which
> version is the "latest" as version number order differs from

chronological
> order.
>
> So, if you hadda push the client out to 1000's of users, what version

would
> you use? 4.05? 4.06? 4.11? 4.12? Something else all together?
>
> Matt
>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

But it's still marked as "BETA"

Any ETA on when that will be ready? Are there any known problems with that
version that do not exist in earlier versions? In other words, is it truly
the best version to push? I'm looking for Stability rather than
Functionality...

Thanks

Matt Walkowiak

<iprint@novell.com> wrote in message
news:PA5cf.2283$u%.155@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> v4.12 is the latest and greatest.
>
>> I will be doing a large push of the iPrint client to all my users

> (currently
>> 2.02)
>> In reading some of the forums, there looks to be confusion as to which
>> version is the "latest" as version number order differs from

> chronological
>> order.
>>
>> So, if you hadda push the client out to 1000's of users, what version

> would
>> you use? 4.05? 4.06? 4.11? 4.12? Something else all together?
>>
>> Matt
>>

>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

It is the shipping version. We are not making any more changes to it.
Support just hasn't flagged it released yet. The 4.12 version was only
for bug fixes. No new code was introduced. Some of the things fixed in
this client were for QMS/NDPS upgrade + ssl error 6 problems + some bogus
authorization dialogs popping up when SNMP was enabled on the box.
> But it's still marked as "BETA"
>
> Any ETA on when that will be ready? Are there any known problems with

that
> version that do not exist in earlier versions? In other words, is it

truly
> the best version to push? I'm looking for Stability rather than
> Functionality...
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt Walkowiak
>
> <iprint@novell.com> wrote in message
> news:PA5cf.2283$u%.155@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > v4.12 is the latest and greatest.
> >
> >> I will be doing a large push of the iPrint client to all my users

> > (currently
> >> 2.02)
> >> In reading some of the forums, there looks to be confusion as to which
> >> version is the "latest" as version number order differs from

> > chronological
> >> order.
> >>
> >> So, if you hadda push the client out to 1000's of users, what version

> > would
> >> you use? 4.05? 4.06? 4.11? 4.12? Something else all together?
> >>
> >> Matt
> >>

> >

>


0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

Matt,

> But it's still marked as "BETA"
>


It was released as Public last night.

Pam

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Massive push of iPrint client - What version?

Any reason the banner page can't be specified by the printer as in NDPS
printers. I'm getting banners for all printers, iPrint and NDPS,
regardless of printer vendor unless I choos [None] in the NDPS Printer
Settings tab. There is no such tab for iPrint printers.

iprint@novell.com wrote:
> It is the shipping version. We are not making any more changes to it.
> Support just hasn't flagged it released yet. The 4.12 version was only
> for bug fixes. No new code was introduced. Some of the things fixed in
> this client were for QMS/NDPS upgrade + ssl error 6 problems + some bogus
> authorization dialogs popping up when SNMP was enabled on the box.
>
>>But it's still marked as "BETA"
>>
>>Any ETA on when that will be ready? Are there any known problems with

>
> that
>
>>version that do not exist in earlier versions? In other words, is it

>
> truly
>
>>the best version to push? I'm looking for Stability rather than
>>Functionality...
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Matt Walkowiak
>>
>><iprint@novell.com> wrote in message
>>news:PA5cf.2283$u%.155@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
>>
>>>v4.12 is the latest and greatest.
>>>
>>>
>>>>I will be doing a large push of the iPrint client to all my users
>>>
>>>(currently
>>>
>>>>2.02)
>>>>In reading some of the forums, there looks to be confusion as to which
>>>>version is the "latest" as version number order differs from
>>>
>>>chronological
>>>
>>>>order.
>>>>
>>>>So, if you hadda push the client out to 1000's of users, what version
>>>
>>>would
>>>
>>>>you use? 4.05? 4.06? 4.11? 4.12? Something else all together?
>>>>
>>>>Matt
>>>>
>>>

>

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.