UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Migration

I recently migrated iprint from a 32bit oes2sp3 server to oes11. Is
there a way to rename the driver store & print mgr I had to create
prior to the migration (that now the printers run from)?

--
Stevo
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Stevo;2211037 wrote:
I recently migrated iprint from a 32bit oes2sp3 server to oes11. Is
there a way to rename the driver store & print mgr I had to create
prior to the migration (that now the printers run from)?

--
Stevo

Not easily. If you're using DNS-based stuff, your users will never know the difference. It'll only come into play for management.

We've done it once, as a non-supported method, but it's quite nasty as it involves manually editing the XML files all over the place.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

kjhurni sounds like they 'said':

> Not easily. If you're using DNS-based stuff, your users will never
> know the difference. It'll only come into play for management.
>
> We've done it once, as a non-supported method, but it's quite nasty as
> it involves manually editing the XML files all over the place.

So my response to kjhurni's comment is...

Ok, thanks. I guess I'll leave it alone as it seems to be working fine.

--
Stevo
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.