Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2722 views

Missing printers: pending deletion / deleted

Hi,
I have a strange random problem with ndps printer dissapearing.
The configuration is as follows:
Network printers asre assiciated with groups; Each each group adds/install
one printer. There are no groups removing printers!
Users are members of above groups.

Workstations: XP Prof ENG SP2, Novell client 4.91 sp1 (sp2 on some test
workstations but behaviour seems to be the same).

Users A logs in (he is in printing group groupA which adds printerA) but no
change in printers list.
In event log I can see two "Print" events:

1) PrinterA is pending deletion
2) PrinterA was deleted.

There is NO RULE in NONE of the groups to remove printers. Why this is
happening? Does anybody have similar problems?

This happens randomly on random users, random machines and random printers.
I haven't fount any logical plot in the observer behaviour.

Thank you,
Maja



0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Missing printers: pending deletion / deleted

Make sure the user does not have membership in two groups, and that the
"allow only" flag is not set. The allow only flag will delete printers
currently installed on the workstation that are not selected to be added
with the current group (ie groupA installs printerA and then groupB(with
allow only flag) installs printerB and deletes printerA).

>>> On 9/25/2006 at 4:48 AM, in message

<BtORg.50$0h7.23@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Maja<hh@dd.pl> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a strange random problem with ndps printer dissapearing.
> The configuration is as follows:
> Network printers asre assiciated with groups; Each each group
> adds/install
> one printer. There are no groups removing printers!
> Users are members of above groups.
>
> Workstations: XP Prof ENG SP2, Novell client 4.91 sp1 (sp2 on some test
> workstations but behaviour seems to be the same).
>
> Users A logs in (he is in printing group groupA which adds printerA) but
> no
> change in printers list.
> In event log I can see two "Print" events:
>
> 1) PrinterA is pending deletion
> 2) PrinterA was deleted.
>
> There is NO RULE in NONE of the groups to remove printers. Why this is
> happening? Does anybody have similar problems?
>
> This happens randomly on random users, random machines and random
> printers.
> I haven't fount any logical plot in the observer behaviour.
>
> Thank you,
> Maja

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Missing printers: pending deletion / deleted

Hi!
Thank you for answering my question however:
- the "allow only" flag is not set
- user IN FACT IS member of few groups - becouse i want to install more then
one printer (1 group = 1 printer). But if "allow only" flag is not set in
this case does in make any difference?

So what in this case?

Thank you,
Maja

<iCabbage@novell.com> wrote in message
news:4518E8EB.84F6.0030.0@novell.com...
> Make sure the user does not have membership in two groups, and that the
> "allouw only" flag is not set. The allow only flag will delete printers
> currently installed on the workstation that are not selected to be added
> with the current group (ie groupA installs printerA and then groupB(with
> allow only flag) installs printerB and deletes printerA).
>
>>>> On 9/25/2006 at 4:48 AM, in message

> <BtORg.50$0h7.23@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, Maja<hh@dd.pl> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a strange random problem with ndps printer dissapearing.
>> The configuration is as follows:
>> Network printers asre assiciated with groups; Each each group
>> adds/install
>> one printer. There are no groups removing printers!
>> Users are members of above groups.
>>
>> Workstations: XP Prof ENG SP2, Novell client 4.91 sp1 (sp2 on some test
>> workstations but behaviour seems to be the same).
>>
>> Users A logs in (he is in printing group groupA which adds printerA) but
>> no
>> change in printers list.
>> In event log I can see two "Print" events:
>>
>> 1) PrinterA is pending deletion
>> 2) PrinterA was deleted.
>>
>> There is NO RULE in NONE of the groups to remove printers. Why this is
>> happening? Does anybody have similar problems?
>>
>> This happens randomly on random users, random machines and random
>> printers.
>> I haven't fount any logical plot in the observer behaviour.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Maja



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.