Highlighted
LarryResch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Move iPrint Printer to Another Manager

I need to move printers from an iPrint Manager running on a server that is corrupted. I cannot use miggui or iManager to move the printers. Is there a way to manually move the printers from a server where the Print Manager is not running?

-L
0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Move iPrint Printer to Another Manager

On 06/02/2014 07:26 PM, LarryResch wrote:
>
> I need to move printers from an iPrint Manager running on a server that
> is corrupted. I cannot use miggui or iManager to move the printers. Is
> there a way to manually move the printers from a server where the Print
> Manager is not running?
>
> -L
>
>

Maybe tid7002644 will help
0 Likes
LarryResch Absent Member.
Absent Member.

[SOLVED] Move iPrint Printer to Another Manager

I had access to the padbtxt.xml backup files located in /var/opt/novell/iprint/<print_mgr_name>.psm directory. I manually edited the file to reflect the new print manager info and to remove any printers or profiles that I did not want to move. This file was saved as import.xml and then copied to the new server. On the new server (with iPrint already installed and a local print manger), I stopped novell-ipsmd and then ran ipsm -x import.xml to import the info into the print manager database file on the new server and then restarted novell-ipmsd.

-L
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.