Highlighted
Robert_W_Brandt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving Manager and Brokers Objects to a new Containers

I have a a once off problem I need to address.

Offices are being moved around and the "HeadOffice" is be moved. Long story short, I need to move a lot of objects in the tree from one container to another.

My one holdup is the NDPS/iPrint objects.

It is my understanding that as long as people are using iPrint I can move the Printer Objects without any problems (Although iManager will not allow me to do so, so perhaps I need to use C1)

But I also need move the Broker and NDPSM objects! I can not find any documentation on how to move to a different context, only to a new volume or new server which is not what I am doing.

Thanks
Bob
0 Likes
2 Replies
Robert_W_Brandt Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving Manager and Brokers Objects to a new Containers

I have found that you can use ConsoleOne to move NPDS objects without any problem. (except that NDPS printers will need to be re-installed.)

The process is actually just as simple as:
1. Close the Broker/Manager
2. Move the object from within Console One (since it has not NDPS plugins)
3. Start the Broker/Manager

Bob
0 Likes
cpremo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving Manager and Brokers Objects to a new Containers

You can use iManager to move the printers from one Manager to another.

--

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.