Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving from NDPS to iPrint

Hi there,

Some information required.

1. I have a server running NDPS (NetWare 6 SP6) with a Broker, Manager and PAs. I want to move this to a new cluster running NetWare 6.5 SP7. Can I simply copy all of the Broker and Manager files and load up the iPrint Broker and Manager and voila the PAs are active and everybody can still print?

AND

2. I have other servers with their own Broker, Manager and PAs. I want to move the PAs onto this same clustered Broker and Manager. Is there a way that I can move the PAs without having to recreate them which would obviously then mean reinstalling the printers on the workstations?

Cheer,
Dave

Dave Dabinett
Directory Concepts
www.directoryconcepts.com.au
P: 61 2 9904 3430
M: 61 412 214 247
F: 61 2 9904 3403
0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This looks like what you are looking for.

http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes2/iprint_nw/index.html?page=/documentation/oes2/iprint_nw/data/bvfpla2.html#bvfpla2
"Dave Dabinett" <DDabinettREMOVETHIS@directoryconcepts.com.au> wrote in message news:474D2C4F.C1BF.002F.0@directoryconcepts.com.au...
Hi there,

Some information required.

1. I have a server running NDPS (NetWare 6 SP6) with a Broker, Manager and PAs. I want to move this to a new cluster running NetWare 6.5 SP7. Can I simply copy all of the Broker and Manager files and load up the iPrint Broker and Manager and voila the PAs are active and everybody can still print?

AND

2. I have other servers with their own Broker, Manager and PAs. I want to move the PAs onto this same clustered Broker and Manager. Is there a way that I can move the PAs without having to recreate them which would obviously then mean reinstalling the printers on the workstations?

Cheer,
Dave

Dave Dabinett
Directory Concepts
www.directoryconcepts.com.au
P: 61 2 9904 3430
M: 61 412 214 247
F: 61 2 9904 3403

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.