Highlighted
helgeson Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Moving manager and driver store

I am going to be moving our print manager and driver store from OES 2 SP3 to OES 11. I have a few questions -

Do I need to create a new driver store on the target server? I am going to use the move option within the current driver store (and separately copy all the drivers using the SCP command).
Do I need to create a new manager on the target server? I will also be using the move option within the print manager.

I did this process a few years back when we moved from Xen to VMWare but I can't remember if I had to do the above.

Thanks!

Melissa
0 Likes
2 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Moving manager and driver store

helgeson;2276903 wrote:
I am going to be moving our print manager and driver store from OES 2 SP3 to OES 11. I have a few questions -

Do I need to create a new driver store on the target server? I am going to use the move option within the current driver store (and separately copy all the drivers using the SCP command).
Do I need to create a new manager on the target server? I will also be using the move option within the print manager.

I did this process a few years back when we moved from Xen to VMWare but I can't remember if I had to do the above.

Thanks!

Melissa

Hi Melissa,

The one way that *I* know of is to use the Miggui utility and that would require that you install and configure a manager/driver store on the OES11 Target Server. You can then "consolidate" the existing manager/driver store (this does NOT impact your users), test the new manager/driver store, and then, when you're ready (assuming you're using DNS names and not IP for your iPrint driver store/manager):

At night/off hours, change your DNS names so that they point to the NEW driver store/manager (probably via the use of CNAME records) and voila!

I'm sure there are other methods to do this, but that's the only way I've ever done it.
0 Likes
peterhine Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Moving manager and driver store

helgeson;2276903 wrote:

Thanks!

Melissa

How did you go ? What method did you use please ?

Peter
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.