Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Multiple Printer Profiles for One Printer

Good evening,

I'm a little confused on the Printer Profiles for iPrint, is it possible to have more than one Profile associated with a particular Printer Model?

Let's say I have an HP 4015DN, and I would like one profile to print to just the Tray 1, while another Profile would be set to Print only to Tray 2. When the User tries to download/install that printer, would they then be presented with which profile they would like to use?

Novell Documentation I was looking specifically at Section 9.4.4 of the documentation, but was just wondering if someone had experience with this currently?

Thank you,
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Multiple Printer Profiles for One Printer

dschaldenovell;2257711 wrote:
Good evening,

I'm a little confused on the Printer Profiles for iPrint, is it possible to have more than one Profile associated with a particular Printer Model?

Let's say I have an HP 4015DN, and I would like one profile to print to just the Tray 1, while another Profile would be set to Print only to Tray 2. When the User tries to download/install that printer, would they then be presented with which profile they would like to use?

Novell Documentation I was looking specifically at Section 9.4.4 of the documentation, but was just wondering if someone had experience with this currently?

Thank you,

AFAIK that is not possible... But you could create two different printer objects for the same physical printer with different profiles, then in the location or description field you inform the user which profile is associated to it.

Thomas
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Multiple Printer Profiles for One Printer

I was able to get additional confirmation. With this issue I wanted to make sure that I had at least three sources, and they concurred that two printer objects would need to be created (for a single printer) and then the two different profiles associated. I do like the idea of using the description as a point of emphasis on what the printer actually does. Tray, status, etc,.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.