Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

OES 2018.1 iPrint - logging into /ipcon produces '404 not found' error

Hello,

I am running OES 2018.1 iPrint and I understand from the documentation that I should be able to get to a web administration portal URL ->  https://<server-ip>/ipcon/, however, this does not produce any webpage,  only a 404 not found.

I've always used iManager for all printer administration but would like to get this /ipcon portal working if it is supposed to.

Do others that are running OES iPrint have an ipcon portal page?   If so, any ideas of what / where I can check to get this working?   

I see nothing obvious is apache or tomcat logs.   All other iprint URLs and operations are fine.

Installed iprint rpms:
novell-iprint-client-6.20.0-0.31.1.noarch
novell-iprint-iprntman-wrapper-1.4.3-32.90.noarch
novell-iprint-server-6.19.0-81.1.x86_64
novell-iprint-management-6.18.0-0.21.1.noarch
novell-iprint-iprntman-6.19.0-0.12.1.noarch
novell-iprint-migration-6.18.0-0.17.3.noarch
patterns-oes-novell-iprint-12.1-43.1.x86_64
yast2-novell-iprint-2.18.2-13.18.noarch

Thanks in advance! - Eric

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: OES 2018.1 iPrint - logging into /ipcon produces '404 not found' error

i think you're confused. There are two iprint versions for OES

1. iPrint that ships with OES. This is the "normal" iprint and only has the desktop features. Based in the rpm list you posted, this is the one you;ve got isntalled

2. iPrint for OES 2018 SP1. This is a separate version that you need to download as ISO image and install it on your server. This version will provide you with the mobiles capabilities that the appliance already has, including the /ipcon console. so the 404 you're getting is expected as you did not install iprint for oes 2018 sp1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for your reply!    Normally, I would say you are correct.   The OES21018.1 iPrint never had a /ipcon portal before but it seems now with v. 2018 (maybe 2015?), it too has a /ipcon portal.   I run both the iprint-appliance mobile for all my mobile devices (ipad, phones, Chromebooks) and the OES 2018.1 iPrint for my desktops.

I am reading this time in the documentation for OES 2018.1 that it too now has a /ipcon portal page, similar to iprint-appliance.  https://www.novell.com/documentation/open-enterprise-server-2018/iprint_for_oes/data/ipcon.html "...iPrint Console is used to manage the features provided by iPrint for OES. To access iPrint Console (ipcon), specify either the hostname or the IP address of iPrint for OES server and in case of cluster setup, specify the resource IP. For example, https://iprintforoes.example.com/ipcon or https://10.0.0.1/ipcon."

I am just not seeing it so I was curious if others have / are...??  Thanks!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You're still confused. iPrint in OES does not have any ipcon console. The link to the documentation you've posted is for iPrint for OES 2018 SP1 which is a separate product.

If you want the ipcon, then you need to install the iPrint for OES 2018 sp1 software.

The only differences will be with iPrint for OES 2018 SP2 where in SP2 it will come as an OES pattern, so you'll be able to installed  from the OES install and do not need to download an apart software.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hmm,  I think I understand my confusion...

I was under the impression that the 'iPrint Yast OES Add-On packages' that you can install when installing OES was 'iPrint for OES 2018'.   

I never saw the built-in OES iPrint (iPrint that comes with OES) and "iPrint for OES" as separate products. 

I thought there was just 2 flavors or iprint, the stand-alone "iprint-appliance for desktop or mobile" and OES iPrint (which comes with OES)

Confusing and clear as mud.  Thanks for your clarification.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Agreed, can be confusing.  Short story how I understand is iprint team did a lot of new feature development via a fork of iprint product only on appliance.  Then OES customers complained and cried for these to be backported to oes, so they did so via an addon product as of oes2015 and 2018. Installing this addon brings the appliance features into oes, including the new /ipcon

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.