Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1031 views

Only 32 pages print

I started having a really odd problem

My users started reporting that all NDPS printers (HP LJ 2300 mostly) print
only 32 pages no matter what send to it

Never had this problem before & did not make any changes to ndps printing
that should/could afftect it
(OK updated to NW 6.5 SP4)

Anybody sen this?

Seb


0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

Hi Seb,

Which gateway, HP or NDPSGW ?
Try switching to port 9100 printing.
The gateway load string should look like this:
NDPSW port=RAW hostaddress=aa.bb.cc.dd

Peter


>I started having a really odd problem
>
> My users started reporting that all NDPS printers (HP LJ 2300 mostly)
> print
> only 32 pages no matter what send to it
>
> Never had this problem before & did not make any changes to ndps printing
> that should/could afftect it
> (OK updated to NW 6.5 SP4)
>
> Anybody sen this?
>
> Seb
>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

Seb,

if you are using the hp gateway, check the timeout parameter. It´s per
default set to 3 secs and should be at least 30 secs.

Joerg

0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

HP Gateway & from all I can see the timeout is set to 50 sec

Seb

"Jörg Schiffer" <Joerg.Schiffer@FernUni-Hagen.de> wrote in message
news:uo1jn1po2tr7du9ssk3ga5peb6nrok13mg@4ax.com...
> Seb,
>
> if you are using the hp gateway, check the timeout parameter. It´s per
> default set to 3 secs and should be at least 30 secs.
>
> Joerg
>




0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

Hi Seb,

This really is a known issue with hpgate, that somehow became worse in sp4.
Both HP and Netware no longer support hpgate and strongly advice to move to
the SNMP enabled Novell gateway NDPSGW.
Here's some useful links:
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10076903.htm
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971536.htm
http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10099192.htm

--
Peter vd Woude
---------
Novell Support Forums SysOp
---------


"Sebastian Cerazy" <sebastian.cerazy@(no_spam)spgs.org> wrote in message
news:1LDef.3641$Ay4.141@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> HP Gateway & from all I can see the timeout is set to 50 sec
>
> Seb
>
> "Jörg Schiffer" <Joerg.Schiffer@FernUni-Hagen.de> wrote in message
> news:uo1jn1po2tr7du9ssk3ga5peb6nrok13mg@4ax.com...
>> Seb,
>>
>> if you are using the hp gateway, check the timeout parameter. It´s per
>> default set to 3 secs and should be at least 30 secs.
>>
>> Joerg
>>

>
>
>



0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

As Peter said, I would move to the novell gateway.
The Printer Agent Conversion Utility works fine.

Joerg
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Only 32 pages print

Ok, run the conversion agent, restarted ndpsm, but all the printers are as
before with hpgate

Seb

"Peter vdW" <p.c.vanderwoudeREMOVE@THISsaxion.nl> wrote in message
news:UCFef.3694$Ay4.2509@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> Hi Seb,
>
> This really is a known issue with hpgate, that somehow became worse in

sp4.
> Both HP and Netware no longer support hpgate and strongly advice to move

to
> the SNMP enabled Novell gateway NDPSGW.
> Here's some useful links:
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10076903.htm
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/2971536.htm
> http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?10099192.htm
>
> --
> Peter vd Woude
> ---------
> Novell Support Forums SysOp
> ---------
>
>
> "Sebastian Cerazy" <sebastian.cerazy@(no_spam)spgs.org> wrote in message
> news:1LDef.3641$Ay4.141@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com...
> > HP Gateway & from all I can see the timeout is set to 50 sec
> >
> > Seb
> >
> > "Jörg Schiffer" <Joerg.Schiffer@FernUni-Hagen.de> wrote in message
> > news:uo1jn1po2tr7du9ssk3ga5peb6nrok13mg@4ax.com...
> >> Seb,
> >>
> >> if you are using the hp gateway, check the timeout parameter. It´s per
> >> default set to 3 secs and should be at least 30 secs.
> >>
> >> Joerg
> >>

> >
> >
> >

>
>



0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.