Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

PPD's for Mac

Hi!
Sorry to ask here, but can't find suitable ppd for Mac OS X, particularly.
Printer is Canon iR1133if. Canon official ppd driver does not work. I was reported, can't try it myself, don't have a Mac.
Any suggestions to find a ppd's? Experiences?
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: PPD's for Mac

Hi!
Any suggestions on this subject? More and more we see Mac's and Linux etc. devices around here.
Probably is also option to use iPrint installed printer and add other driver on device, if necessary. Well, we have most of Windows devices and no need for that, but probably for Mac's etc. it's a good option to have. Can't try it out as don't have at all the time my hand any Mac's iPhone's etc.
Btw., I had a option to try out printing via iPhone (also Filr) and ... it does work. Also on Android-devices. (Well, there was some printing issues with some pdf's, fonts wasn't right.)
Alar.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Many Mac PPDs reference plugins or filters that must be installed on the Mac. These help to describe and take advantage of features of the printer. Sometimes you can simply remark out these references in the PPDs and then the PPD will work, but if you have options features on your printer, they might not be available to you when you print.

Otherwise, install the driver package on the Mac first, then install the printer via iPrint. The PPD will see that the needed plugins and filters are present and the printer agent will install.

Maybe someday the iPrint guys will figure out how to install the entire driver package to a Mac from the driver store similar to way it works in Windows.

-Barry.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi and thanks!
I forwarded this info to Mac-holder. 😃 Don't have many of these here.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.