Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
1373 views

Parametr NOSNMP

Can parametr "NOSNMP" be useful for another printer than SHARP was made
for? Could it help to fix my problem HP DeskJet 6940 just often
says "Gateway other problem" and i have to shutdown and startup printer
agent?

We have NetWare 6/SP4 with only NDPS modules from SP5 - no "NOSNMP"
parameter in modules implemented yet so I ask if I should to update by
iPrint NW Post Consolidated Support Pack 11d.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:52:18 +0000, nagant wrote:

> Can parametr "NOSNMP" be useful for another printer than SHARP was made
> for? Could it help to fix my problem HP DeskJet 6940 just often says
> "Gateway other problem" and i have to shutdown and startup printer agent?


I've found it to work with the LaserJet 1300 & 1320. With that printer,
the printer agent never shows any errors. The printers simply stop
working randomly, and only a restart of the printer agent would cure it.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/18581.html

> We have NetWare 6/SP4 with only NDPS modules from SP5 - no "NOSNMP"
> parameter in modules implemented yet so I ask if I should to update by
> iPrint NW Post Consolidated Support Pack 11d.


Do you mean NetWare 6.0 or NetWare 6.5? As far as I know, a minimum of
NetWare 6.5 SP4 is required to even have the NOSNMP option available.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Support Forum SysOp
Novell does not officially monitor these forums!

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.


> I've found it to work with the LaserJet 1300 & 1320. With that printer,
> the printer agent never shows any errors. The printers simply stop
> working randomly, and only a restart of the printer agent would cure it.
>
> http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tip/18581.html


Joe, well, it is not the same but looks similar to my problem with HP
Deskjet 6940.

>
> Do you mean NetWare 6.0 or NetWare 6.5? As far as I know, a minimum of
> NetWare 6.5 SP4 is required to even have the NOSNMP option available.
>
> --
> Joe Marton

NetWare 6.0. By
http://support.novell.com/docs/Readmes/InfoDocument/2970505.html iPrint NW
Post Consolidated Support Pack 11d is for NW 6.0/SP5 as well.
As I wrote, we have NW 6.0/SP4 with only NDPS newest files from SP5 copied.
I hope new NDPS modules could be implemented, couldn't they? Or any other
nonNDPS Netware modules from SP5 needed?

Thanks. Nagant
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:00:20 +0000, nagant wrote:

> NetWare 6.0. By
> http://support.novell.com/docs/Readmes/InfoDocument/2970505.html iPrint NW
> Post Consolidated Support Pack 11d is for NW 6.0/SP5 as well. As I wrote,
> we have NW 6.0/SP4 with only NDPS newest files from SP5 copied. I hope new
> NDPS modules could be implemented, couldn't they? Or any other nonNDPS
> Netware modules from SP5 needed?


Since the document for that patch says it's for NW60SP5, there is simply
no telling what results you would have by applying it to an SP4 server.
Also, typically Novell does not support applying only specific NLMs from a
support pack. In theory applying just the latest NDPS stuff may work, but
it's hard to predict. The only clear route is to go to SP5, then apply
this post-SP5 patch. FYI, even with that patch I don't believe the NOSNMP
parameter is in there. Here is a list of everything that was added to OES
SP1 (NW65SP4)

http://www.novell.com/documentation/oes/iprint_lx/data/bx1nrih.html

You'll see one of the items added was NOSNMP. So while you won't be able
to use that, perhaps applying all of SP5 followed by the post-SP5 NDPS
patch may help your issues.

--
Joe Marton
Novell Support Forum SysOp
Novell does not officially monitor these forums!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.