johwes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Print Driver Profile

When trying to create a driver profile i get the same error as in TID 7003840

Error: Create Printer Driver Profile Failure

But trying to resolve the issues with the steps outlined in that tid does not help. Anyone have any ideas?

/J
0 Likes
4 Replies
PSODHI Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Print Driver Profile

Hi

I had the printer driver profile issue and the tid 7003840 step 2 worked for me. this happened when I applied patch sp8a.

also I applied sp8b-2 the other day and I was getting the following java error on my imanager when creating the printer.

java execption error on creating printer ; i followed the tid 3424524 mentioned in sp8b-2 and copied the latest iprint.js and also updated imanager 2.7.3 ftf 1 ...now working fine .
0 Likes
johwes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Upgraded to latest iprint + imanager 2.7.3 ftf1 and still not working. I have the manager running on a different IP than the server IP, eg ndpsm.nlm /ipaddress=x.x.x.x i'm wondering if i also need to bind the broker to this same IP. eg broker.nlm /ipaddress=x.x.x.x
Any other ideas?
0 Likes
johwes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I do see a wierd error message in the manager logfile

09-11-06 13.14.23 , Operation: List Object Attributes,
Service Error: Invalid Printer Agent Handle [1000008, -823, 0],
User Name: ###################,
Address: #############,
Object Name: #############
(Client Interface)

Doesnt seem right....
0 Likes
johwes Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I enabled ipp server debug and find this in the debug file.

GetPrtAttrs Start 09-11-24 10.35.30 Apache_Worker 11
Printer: iPrint-driver-profile-hiddenPA
DriverInfo=uri=http://ippns001.edu.local:631/ipp/iPrint-driver-profile-hiddenPA?id=10&inf=49F5AF6B/ndps.inf&name=HP LaserJet P2015 Series PCL 6&time=1240834394&profile-name=&profile-time=0<&profile-driver-version=t-config-info< os-type=windows-nt-5.1< cpu-type=x86-32< document-format=unknown< natural-language=en< compression=deflate< file-type=printer-driver< client-file-name=HP LaserJet P2015 Series PCL 6< file-date-time=2009-04-27T12:13:14Z< profile-name=< profile-time=0< profile-driver-version=t-config-info< digital-signature=none< driver-version=05/04/2008,61.074.561.43< core-package=<
GetPrtAttrs End, Time used: 0:00:00.0254 Apache_Worker 11
Error: server-error-internal-error

That dns is not the servers primary dns. We bound an aditional IP to that server to be able to migrate the printers more easily at a later stage.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.