Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Print Manager Dead - How to Move Printers?

the server holding my Print Manger has died and the printers were associated with the dns name for that printer. I am trying to get the printers to run under a Print Manager on another server (OES11 SP1), but cannot find a way to move them. the Migration/Consolidation wizard requires a connection to the old server. I have moved the Driver Store over, but how can I move the printers to the new server?

TIA,
-L

Note this was originally posted under the OES-Linux topic but moved here...
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Print Manager Dead - How to Move Printers?

You can try the steps outlined here: Support | How to move iPrint services from OES 1 to OES 2 but needs to have access to some files on the old server - perhaps from a backup?

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks. the info helped me with the printer drivers and moving the Driver Store, but I ended up just recreating the printers manually.

-L
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hope you didn't have too many printers to recreate - in the past I tend to use PAGen for mass creations.

-- eDirectory Rules! Peter www.DreamLAN.com
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.