Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
2165 views

Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

Issue: iPrint Client asks for username and password when initially trying to print or having initial printer policy applied. If we enter the username and password manually, the credentials work.

Expected: iPrint Client should use existing cached credentials of user signed in and not prompt for authentication.

Environment: We are using Zenworks DLU and OES Client to sign onto PCs. We are just migrating to Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.483). Zenworks client version v17.0.0.1252. Client for Open Enterprise Server 2 SP4 (IR6). iPrint client v06.09.00. iPrint Appliance 3 Patch 1 and Hot Patch 1. We do an LDAP sync with the user's tree to the iPrint appliance.

Any ideas? Thanks
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

On 07/20/2017 09:44 PM, jkonney wrote:
>
> Issue: iPrint Client asks for username and password when initially
> trying to print or having initial printer policy applied. If we enter
> the username and password manually, the credentials work.
>
> Expected: iPrint Client should use existing cached credentials of user
> signed in and not prompt for authentication.
>
> Environment: We are using Zenworks DLU and OES Client to sign onto PCs.
> We are just migrating to Windows 10 (version 1703, build 15063.483).
> Zenworks client version v17.0.0.1252. Client for Open Enterprise Server
> 2 SP4 (IR6). iPrint client v06.09.00. iPrint Appliance 3 Patch 1 and Hot
> Patch 1. We do an LDAP sync with the user's tree to the iPrint
> appliance.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks
>
>


Can you verify the following?

1. REALM in the appliance is the same as the OES tree. Check
/etc/opt/novell/iprint/httpd/conf/iprint_ssl.conf

AuthName "IPRINT"

Replace "IPRINT" with your OES tree name

2. Boot the PC, then go to the iprint client tray icon, right click,
iprint settings, password tab, what do you have there? Do you have the
user credentials and they're ocrrect?

3. Remove zenwork from one pc and boot it. Do you see the issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

Hi-

Sorry for the delayed response...

1. The default was IPRINT. We changed to our OES tree name. Rebooted the appliance and clients. We had the same result.

2. The user credentials with our OES tree name are listed.

3. Upon further investigation, it appears the issue only occurs with Zenworks printer policies. We can leave the authentication box up, install a new iPrint printer and print to that or an existing iPrint printer without issue. However, when the policy tries to install a printer that doesn't exist, that is when we receive this prompt.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

On 08/02/2017 04:54 PM, jkonney wrote:
>
> Hi-
>
> Sorry for the delayed response...
>
> 1. The default was IPRINT. We changed to our OES tree name. Rebooted the
> appliance and clients. We had the same result.
>
> 2. The user credentials with our OES tree name are listed.
>
> 3. Upon further investigation, it appears the issue only occurs with
> Zenworks printer policies. We can leave the authentication box up,
> install a new iPrint printer and print to that or an existing iPrint
> printer without issue. However, when the policy tries to install a
> printer that doesn't exist, that is when we receive this prompt.
>
>



correct, this only happen with zen policy. micro focus zen engineering
is already investigating the issue
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

On 08/02/2017 04:58 PM, Mysterious wrote:
> On 08/02/2017 04:54 PM, jkonney wrote:
>>
>> Hi-
>>
>> Sorry for the delayed response...
>>
>> 1. The default was IPRINT. We changed to our OES tree name. Rebooted the
>> appliance and clients. We had the same result.
>>
>> 2. The user credentials with our OES tree name are listed.
>>
>> 3. Upon further investigation, it appears the issue only occurs with
>> Zenworks printer policies. We can leave the authentication box up,
>> install a new iPrint printer and print to that or an existing iPrint
>> printer without issue. However, when the policy tries to install a
>> printer that doesn't exist, that is when we receive this prompt.
>>
>>

>
>
> correct, this only happen with zen policy. micro focus zen engineering
> is already investigating the issue


This is has been fixed by Microfocus. FTF file available if you open a
SR with ZEN team
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: Printer Authentication User Name and Password Prompt

Hello,

we have the same problem.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to open a SR.
Can somebody please send me the FTF File?
Or is there a patch available that fix this problem?

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.