martinusen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Printers keeps getting reinstalled/updated

Backend: SLES10SP3 - OES2SP2
Clients: Windows XP SP3 with iPrint client 5.32

We have an issue on some of our Windows XPs running the iPrint client. Some printers is getting reinstalled/updated by the iPrint once a day. We have tried uninstalling the printer manually. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling iPrint client. Tried upgrading iPrint client to both 5.40 and 5.44. Also tried deleting the printer with the commandline-tool iprntcmd.

Any clues?
0 Likes
3 Replies
chill Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Printers keeps getting reinstalled/updated

We just did a migration from Netware to OES2 (on SLES10SP3) and I am seeing this also on some clients, tried most of what you have and haven't found fix yet. Will need more time to trace through the problem statons and see what common factors, will keep posted.
0 Likes
lelle1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi!
Same issue, migrating from Netware to OES2. I our case it seems to be solved by disabling auto driver update.

Best regards
Lelle
0 Likes
martinusen Absent Member.
Absent Member.

lelle;2021613 wrote:
Hi!
Same issue, migrating from Netware to OES2. I our case it seems to be solved by disabling auto driver update.

Best regards
Lelle

Forgot to mention, but we also stopped auto-update to temporarily solve the problem. But auto-update is a very nice feature to have, and we would rather not do without it.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.