UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Problem assigning driver to printer. IPP Error: 0x400

Have been working on a migration from Netwate 6.5 to OES2 (SP2) on SLES 10 (SP3). In the process have applied the novell-iprint-server-JUN2010.tar.gz patch as I was getting the Print Manager showing unloaded problem. Not sure if it was just since then, but now I am unable to assign a Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) driver to some of the printers that were migrated from our Netware server. When I attempt to assign the diver (in Imanager under the Drivers tab) , I get the following message:

Exception saving drivers configuration

Request (CLIENT_ERROR) - bad status code (0x400)
IPP Error: 0x400

If I create a fresh similar printer object, then I can assign the drivers with no errors.

Any ideas on the cause of this? I get the same result using an XP, Win 7 or Linux station, so it must be a server side issue.

Thanks.

Colin.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

I had the same problem. We recently migrated our NW6.5 Server to a test SLES SP3 with OES2a and all patches of yesterday, for a pre Windows 7 roll-out IT Dept internal test and we discovered we couldn't assign Windows 7 x32 or x64 bit drivers to the migrated Printer Agent We had the exact same error. Eventually I discovered that if I set the driver to none for the platform that it had originally been configured for on the migrated Printer Agent and then applied and assigned the printers again, it would successfully assign them for all platforms. Which meant I had what I wanted. Migrated printers with muliple platform dependent drivers.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

rchapman29;2014849 wrote:
I had the same problem. We recently migrated our NW6.5 Server to a test SLES SP3 with OES2a and all patches of yesterday, for a pre Windows 7 roll-out IT Dept internal test and we discovered we couldn't assign Windows 7 x32 or x64 bit drivers to the migrated Printer Agent We had the exact same error. Eventually I discovered that if I set the driver to none for the platform that it had originally been configured for on the migrated Printer Agent and then applied and assigned the printers again, it would successfully assign them for all platforms. Which meant I had what I wanted. Migrated printers with muliple platform dependent drivers.

I just want to thank you for this... I was beating my head against this issue for a while and now I see a nice, clean and easy solution. Seems a bit of a roundabout one in some ways, but hey, it works. Thank you!
0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

rchapman29;2014849 wrote:

Sadly this solution didn't work for me. We are running OES1. Also tried deleting and re-creating Printer object to no avail.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.